Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993)

Guest moviegyrl

Phantom Dreamer

Bump.

The lack of real names used bothered me. They couldn't use Ruby Chow, Raymond Chow's names etc.? They couldn't even use Golden Harvest, instead it was "Pearl of the Orient".

For usa attempt this was pretty good. Hollywood knows how to make Bruce Lee movie without bruce more enjoyable than their wild west flicks(excluding clint eastwood stuff). Not sure if that is good thing tho...

Bump.

The lack of real names used bothered me. They couldn't use Ruby Chow, Raymond Chow's names etc.? They couldn't even use Golden Harvest, instead it was "Pearl of the Orient".

That's pretty typical of any bio film, to avoid law suits, etc. Besides, it's a Linda Lee/Lee Estate production, so that means, they'll blur out the rest.

Phantom Dreamer
That's pretty typical of any bio film, to avoid law suits, etc. Besides, it's a Linda Lee/Lee Estate production, so that means, they'll blur out the rest.

Dragon had more changes to names and businesses than any other biopic I can remember.

Killer Meteor
Dragon had more changes to names and businesses than any other biopic I can remember.

That's because there is a lot of bad blood still.

I don't even think that they got the Bruce & Linda relationship right. :tongue: I so badly wanted that film to set the record straight. But, man, what a POS that film was. Honestly, if it would have been just a kung fu flick then I would have said that it was decent for Hollywood (for that time). At least it came out a few years before The Matrix. Otherwise, we would have had Bruce dodging bullets and kicking high in the air in slo-mo while the camera spun around him. But, sadly, that film only added to the BS myths with little truth. But, I would guess that a lot of people that were not in the know thought that it was true because it involved Linda Lee. I have had arguments with people about that movie and how Bruce really hurt his back and that the revenge angle was all crap. But, once they seen the film no one wants to listen. Sometimes, you just gotta let the "sheeples" believe what they want.***

***(and by the way, i do not claim to be an BL know it all. i had an overall details about his life from the books and interviews about him that I have read and seen. i still learn new things all the time.)

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
That's because there is a lot of bad blood still.
Is anyone here familiar with James Brown's story and seen the James Brown biopic that was released recently and could they compare the events in the film and reality and how it compares with Bruce Lee and Dragon?

Is anyone here familiar with James Brown's story and seen the James Brown biopic that was released recently and could they compare the events in the film and reality and how it compares with Bruce Lee and Dragon?

I want to see it but will wait for home video. Has it even come out yet? Saw the trailer but it looked pretty bad. Bad as in not good, just to clarify. Not James Brown bad, as in kick-ass. :bigsmile:

Phantom Dreamer
I want to see it but will wait for home video. Has it even come out yet? Saw the trailer but it looked pretty bad. Bad as in not good, just to clarify. Not James Brown bad, as in kick-ass. :bigsmile:

It was released August 1.

Phantom Dreamer

Could they have made a "Chinese Raging Bull"? Should they have? Would it have been more successful and accepted by the audience?

Phantom Dreamer
Well Raymond Chow isn't exactly whiter than white but he's by no means the Godfather of Hong Kong.

Now Chan Wai Man might well be able to answer more questions about the night Bruce died more than anyone else, unfortunately he ain't talking!

I want to know more about Chan Wai Man's whereabouts on July 20, 1973.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

Dragon is so ridiculous, that Rob Cohen story was believable, plus it is a fact that the producers used Bruce Li movies as source material.

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Robert Wagner, star of Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, named person of interest in the death of actress Natalie Wood.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natalie-wood-death-robert-wagner-person-of-interest-says-investigator/

I remember that Robert Wagner was a POI for this on National Enquirer three years ago. Funny how nobody listened to it until the media picked up three years later.

14 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Jason Scott Lee, as Bruce Lee, with an electrical muscle stimulation device hooked up. I wonder what Bruce's looked like.

Probably not much different to that one seen in Dragon, guess the style varied depending on who manufactured them.