Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993)

Guest moviegyrl

Guest fabhui

Chan Wai Man, Wu Ngan and Raymond Chow I think hold all the answers to what happened the day Bruce died.

Chan Wai Man apparently knows pretty much everything that happened but he won't speak out on it.

For more info your best bet is to ask David Tadman or head over to Nick Clarke's forum.

ThunderScore

I had no idea that Jason Scott Lee's opponent in DRAGON: THE BRUCE LEE STORY was John Chang from SNAKE IN MONKEY'S SHADOW and others...

Probably not listed on John Chang's credits is the IFD title, NINJA: SILENT ASSASSIN aka KNIGHT AND WARRIOR aka BLACK NINJA with Richard Harrison, Alphone Beni, Grant Temple and Stuart Smith. He plays Richard Harrison's cop partner in the new footage...

picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=52

David Rees

Apparently the autopsy was covered up and a lot of people think he was murdered for whatever reason...probably a few of the above reasons

thehangman

Think James Tien was abit pissed that Bruce Overshadowed him,as wasnt James supposed to be the lead in the big boss? But after wot they saw Bruce could do,Bruce became the lead and James Co star

The Dragon
Damon Foster aptly named it RAG ON: THE LINDA LEE STORY.

XD

I think Tien is jealous of Lee's continued fame, long after death. At the time while still living, Lee wasn't no where near as big as he became. So Tien's thought process is probably "Why bother talking about this dead dude, there's plenty alive performers that warrant their jus due...?"

GoldenFist

Jason Scott Lee is a dancer, he didn't even know martial arts! And time cop 2 sucked! The movie was a joke to true bruce lee fans.

ThunderScore
Jason Scott Lee is a dancer, he didn't even know martial arts! And time cop 2 sucked! The movie was a joke to true bruce lee fans.

I thought he looked more like Dragon Lee than Bruce Lee, but the movie still played fast and loose with the facts - and I still can't believe John Chang was in it...

butcher wing

i thought it was alright (Hollywood standards) the thing I didn't think was correct was at the beginning where it showed a very young Bruce practicing Wing Chun. From what I know Bruce didn't actually start practicing kung fu til into his mid to late teens so that one was way off.

The film was average, but Jason Scott Lee did a good acting job.

Wrong director, wrong action choreographer, wrong story.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

:mad:

Jason is probably the best actor to play Bruce though. He actually attempted to reproduce his accent and his laugh.

Did I mention it was wrong?

Jesse Smooth
Steve James called it the most expensive Bruce Li movie ever made. But Bruce Li's movies were more accurate.

More reasons to respect Mr. James.

What's the big deal? This (The Unauthorized Version) of course, is how to do it:

1)Show childhood making films and learning Wing Chun...

2)Show the rooftop battles and scuffles that lead to leaving HK...

3)Show him training and meeting influential Americans Dan Lee, Linda, Joe Lewis Ed Parker Dan Inosanto etc. ...

4)Being discovered-leading to GH, Marlowe, ... getting Duped for Kung Fu... exploring women, drugs...

5)Leaving for HK, getting break with Chow...

6)Film success leads to more "exploration", and development of ideals...

7)Show setbacks and faltering lifestyle/marriage...

8)At the peak of success ETD and Exit The Dragon.

The End.

Even then explore the different scenarios that could have brought about the end for him, during credits, show speculations and leave for fans to determine from truths covered in the film.

Now... give me a DIRECTOR.

gravedigger666

I liked scene at the end where big boss was premiered then there was dead silence in cinema and "Bruce Lee" seemed to think s*it,they did not like it...and then applausing starts.

I liked scene at the end where big boss was premiered then there was dead silence in cinema and "Bruce Lee" seemed to think s*it,they did not like it...and then applausing starts.

The bulls#*t graveyard scene that follows after the ETD 'Hall of Mirrors' scene was total crap. Now if and that's a mighty IF, they had any imagination, they could have used instead of the graveyard, the backdrop of the GOD pagoda set; with Lee facing the Demon (in the GOD Tracksuit) on three levels using various techniques and weapons, resulting in him finding the demon at the third level with the tombstone reading what was followed in the film... Then have Brandon crying out for him and Lee had to defeat the Demon to save his son, and he awakes back at the set of ETD. The point where he has the tracksuit-it appears when he's transported to the GOD set; and disappears when he transports back to ETD's set.

That would have been special, and would have tied in any theories regarding GOD being a "bad luck title, production, idea", etc.

Now, I'm definetly not saying that's all that's wrong with the film, I'm simply adding some oomph to the otherwise lifeless story and action.

What do you think?

its alledged that the demon issue came about when lee suffered a collapse and linda asking bruce what it was like and he replied like fighting demons.