Potential Recent Fortune Star HD Re-Masters

Ronin

I believe that when Fortune Star posts a trailer to their YouTube channel it means that they have recently remastered the film itself. Hopefully that means we will see the following films in HD somewhere in the near future:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, but none of those trailers are in HD. Maybe they are just showing off what is in their vaults to garner some interest. I could see When Taekwondo Strikes and Duel To The Death getting a blu-ray release (from either 88 or Eureka) as those two are more well known titles. 

On 12/22/2019 at 1:58 AM, reason108 said:

Maybe, but none of those trailers are in HD. Maybe they are just showing off what is in their vaults to garner some interest. I could see When Taekwondo Strikes and Duel To The Death getting a blu-ray release (from either 88 or Eureka) as those two are more well known titles. 

Uh, wrong. The DUEL TO THE DEATH, THE CHAMPIONS, WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES and THE ANGRY RIVER trailers are all in HD.

I would love to see a Blu ray release of The invincible eight, The comet strikes, The hurricane and more generally of all the wuxia and martial arts movies released by Golden Harvest !!

Duel to the Death is one of my favourites, I first saw the clips on Bruce Lee the Legend and it was years before I finally saw the movie in full. I've only ever owned a vcd copy and I didn't manage to get the HKL dvd before it went out of print  so a blu ray would be an immediate must buy for me.

There is a WEB DL @ 1080p of 'Duel to the Death', ripped from Amazon floating about, so maybe these have been done or do Amazon upscale to 1080p for the stream?

Bless

On 2/6/2020 at 7:31 AM, spannick said:

the Webrip is Upscale Trash as done by Fortune Star for 10 Years

Yep, the streaming versions of Fortune Star titles are still suspect. Some are from more recent HD masters, but a bunch are still the old SD masters upscaled to HD. Ugh.

the film Tiger of Northland has been cut (in VCD version), at present, to my knowledge, no full version available on the market in (DVD or BLUray)

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 2/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, khuu_2000 said:
the film Tiger of Northland has been cut (in VCD version), at present, to my knowledge, no full version available on the market in (DVD or BLUray)

I did a custom from the VOD and subbed it. I used the subs that were on the old version and there is an extra scene where the young chubby girl is killed. 

Archived