The non sensical things ( at least for me )I noticed in martial arts movies

ShawAngela

ShawAngela

In the movie Hurricane sword

1) The blind girl is able to "drive" a boat with her dead uncle in it : how can she know where to lead the boat in the river ?!

2) And then, we see her crying on her uncle's tomb : how was she able to build the tomb ?!

3) During the chickens fight, when she takes the wounded chicken, how can she be sure that it's the right one she picked and not the other one ?!

4) How can she run in the forest to escape her enemies, with her sword in hand instead of using it as a cane as usual, without falling and hurting herself ?!

5) At the end of the movie, when her mother is dying, she takes out the sword from her mother's body (what about the hemorragy, then ??!!), and she put her on her back and she leaves, without any help to "see" where she goes without falling, and all this under the eyes of her master, who doesn't even helps her !

6) Her master says that he wants to get revenge on the same guy as her, but he let her fight him and arrives when everything is finished !

7) None of them knew where the murderer was, but they go to look for him and the image turns into the murderer and the blind woman facing each other for a duel. How did the murderer know that he was challenged to as duel and where the duel took place ?

These are the most obvious things I remember that made me think "well...HOW COME ??!!"...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Graeme Of Death

Not sure if it's been mentioned but in Kung Fu films women can tie their hair up and easily convince everyone that their a guy even though they couldn't look anymore feminine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

ShawAngela

In the movie Dynamic trio (English language)

Near the end of the movie, Mark Long's servant is pierced from right to left by a spear, and all what Mark Long can say is " How do you feel ? " !!

And the servant answers " I feel a little bit dizzy " !! :bs_laughing::monk_laughing:

I hope that the Chinese language wasn't so stupid at that moment of the movie !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The "fill in the blank" scenarios for many films

"You wait, I'll get my revenge for killing my _________."  He then goes off and meets a master who teaches him the _________style of kung fu.....

I can go on, but I'm sure everyone gets the point.

• Like 2

Light in the Dark

I call these non sensical  things "Universal Truths" in old school kung fu movies.  

1)  When an individual yells "Hold It"!    Everyone must immediately stop all actions and  turn  to hear what that person has to say.

2)  Once someone spits up blood he has been mortally wounded and will certainly die.

3)  No matter how badly damaged you are with your guts hanging out, all you have to do is tie a shirt around your stomach and you can keep fighting until the end.  

4)  To escape even if badly wounded, all you need to do is jump over a wall or on top of a roof and then you can watch your pursuers pass by as you make your escape.

5)  You don't mess with old men in kung fu movies.   Old men become stronger with age and if they have white hair.... forget about it!

• Like 4

Killer Meteor

It's those "rebels lists" that baffle me. How is the bad guy supposed to know he's not got a fake one?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Light in the Dark said:

3)  No matter how badly damaged you are with your guts hanging out, all you have to do is tie a shirt around your stomach and you can keep fighting until the end.  

4 hours ago, Light in the Dark said:

5)  You don't mess with old men in kung fu movies.   Old men become stronger with age and if they have white hair.... forget about it!

:bs_laughing::bs_laughing:

• Like 1

Cognoscente

The most non-sensical thing is having a group fight where each person takes it in turns to fight one person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1