Russian Raid: Ivan Kotik, Vladimir Mineev, Kirill Sarychev (2020)

DragonClaws

Nikita, a former Russian Spetsnaz operative, is hired to neutralize the large private security force at a local factory so that his shady employer can extort the business from the factory owner. But Nikita and his group of highly trained fighters get more than they bargained for when it turns out the factory is actually owned by a dangerous warlord connected to the Russian military. By the time the 'hostile takeover' is complete, Nikita reveals that he has orchestrated his own secret mission to take personal revenge on the most dangerous man in Russia.

Starring Ivan Kotik (DRAGON BLADE), Kirill Sarychev (World Record holder powerlifting champion), Vladimir Mineev (Kickboxing heavy weight world champion)

Source- https://www.filmfestivals.com/blog/american_film_market_dailies/clear_horizon_announces_new_russian_language_action_film_russian_raid

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Russian movies are usually hard to get distribution here in the states. How do I see this? I just recently bought a Russian movie on dvd with English subs that I saw in theaters at a festival in 2008, LOL. Has anyone seen the movie Morphine?  

• Like 2

Super Ninja

Eureka will also be releasing RR. Think it was the trailer promising best Russian MMA fighters, I'm defo getting this.

• Like 2

Not a bad movie. Some nice twists in the plot. There are no impactful sound effects in the fight scenes, but more of a realistic sound used like knuckle hitting skin rather than that sound you'd hear in other action films. I actually liked it. 

• Like 2

Hey guys. I wanted to let you know I will be doing an interview with Russian Raid director Denis Kryuchkov on Thursday and we will talk about both this film and his latest film, The Whirlpool (which is really good).

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 7:24 AM, AlbertV said:

Hey guys. I wanted to let you know I will be doing an interview with Russian Raid director Denis Kryuchkov on Thursday and we will talk about both this film and his latest film, The Whirlpool (which is really good).

I had a great chat with Denis Kryuchkov and his wife Olga Loyanich (who co-wrote Russian Raid and wrote The Whirlpool). Wonderful couple. Denis told me one of the inspirations for Russian Raid was that he is a practitioner of martial arts and also show a fantastical view of how raids were done in Russia. He also dropped a bit of a bomb...there could be a Russian Raid 2 down the road but they are working on a new action film with a message first. They now live in Spain. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1