Enter The Girl Dragon - Indian/Chinese Co-Production

DragonClaws

India's first full blown Martial Arts movie?.

Ram Gopal Varma has announced his Indo-Chinese-collaboration project 'Enter The Girl Dragon.'

Link- https://www.thelivemirror.com/rgv-enter-the-girl-dragon-cast-release-date-trailer/

INTERNATIONAL TRAILER of ENTER THE GIRL DRAGON will be released on December 13 th In BRUCE LEE’s home town FOSHAN CITY in CHINA #EnterTheGirlDragon”

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Leeder said:

i think i got contacted about this project a few years back, there's a trailer/pitch reel online somewhere

This is the only trailer I could find, posted today on YouTube.

• Like 2

Looks atrocious, especially how they sexualize the heroine. Isn't she supposed to be the female Bruce Lee? If they want to do a sexploitation movie, fine, be my guest, but that's no way to introduce a martial artist I can take seriously.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2019 at 7:53 PM, HyperDrive said:

Looks like someone is trying to revive the Bruceploitation genre. Where is the yellow jumpsuit though?

4 hours ago, kami said:

Looks atrocious, especially how they sexualize the heroine. Isn't she supposed to be the female Bruce Lee? If they want to do a sexploitation movie, fine, be my guest, but that's no way to introduce a martial artist I can take seriously. 

I'm surprised they didnt have the actress in some kind of Game of Death style jumpsuit.

One Armed Boxer

I stopped watching after the 100th slow motion flying kick (& what felt like almost as many crotch shots).  Typical Bollywood.

Cudos for starting a trailer with someone being chased by a horse though, that was definitely different and raised a laugh.

• Like 4

Reliving this topic as the movie was finally released. I didn't bother to watch it but digging a little deeper. Apparently our main actress is a full blown or self proclaimed Martial Artist.

Looking at her IG she certainly has some moves... as well as other assets. Sorry for that one I couldn't resist. But I'm sure her and the production company are both very well aware of this.

Did anybody else actually ever hear of her? I certainly didn't. Would be interesting to see how she'd fare in a "real" MA movie though.

https://www.instagram.com/ipoojabhalekar/

• Like 1

I have this movie on queue. Pooja is certainly fit and attractive if nothing else. Apparently, the original movie was even more raunchy but the Indian censor board required a bunch of cuts.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/cbfc-removes-objectifying-dialogues-cuss-words-close-shots-cleavage-butt-pelvis-ram-gopal-varmas-ladki/

• Like 1

Having just watched this, I can see that Pooja has some athletic ability and has a martial arts background but the script, directing & action choreo is beyond terrible! I can see how some would watch this strictly for prurient interest & to oogle Miss Pooja's ample 'assets' but for those expecting even a modicum of decent martial arts action can forget it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1