Sequels to MA movies you had no idea of?

OpiumKungFuCracker

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually there is 6 of them. I have them all but never watched them....No 3, 4, 5 are Italian audio. One day I'll take a glance!

On 11/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, CT KID said:

That looks like a George Tan produced rip-off of The Karate Kid.

LOL it's actually Fabrizio de Angelis, who produced under his real name and directed using the pseudonym Larry Ludman. The first was insanely cheesy..the second was actually an improvement with the fight scenes (The late Jeff Moldovan replaced the Filipino stunt team of the original for the action). However, I've seen 3-5 and they were really cheesy. Only 1 and 2 had Kim Rossi Stuart as "Karate Warrior" Anthony Scott. In the 3rd film, he gave up the kimono and it was given to new "Warrior" Larry Jones, played by Ron Williams. One of the notorieties is that Karate Warrior 5 had future WWE star Marty "The Boogeyman" Wright as the big bad fighter "Bull Alabama".

There's this one (which starred Human Weapon's Bill Duff as the villain)

MV5BMzUyMzEzNDY2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQz

Then came the in-name only sequel

MV5BMTQyNDA3ODcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTU3

Now there's going to be a Weapon of Choice 2: Blade Fury, which he plays the character he played in F2F2, which would make it what Fist 2 Fist 3?

Drunken Monk

While I'm aware this film exists now, I wasn't aware of a sequel to Encounters of the Spooky Kind for ages. Still haven't gotten my hands on it, despite the first one being an all-time fave.

EncounteroftheSpookyKindII+1990-53-b.jpg

One Armed Boxer

Not all may be unheard of but these sequels are definitely oddities, from cheap cash-ins, to other movies re-titled as sequels (some made before the movie they're being touted as a sequel to was released!).

Story of Ricky 2: Super Powerful Man (2004)

I reviewed this one here - https://cityonfire.com/super-powerful-man-aka-the-story-of-ricky-2-dint-king-inside-king-2004-review/

storyofricky2.png

Shaolin Temple 4 (1981)

I believe this is actually Joseph Kuo's 'Shaolin Temple Strikes Back', which not only came out before its predecessor, it also came out a whole year before the original 'Shaolin Temple'!  Of course that didn't stop Vengeance Video doing what they had to do...

eLptLCM.png

Hard Boiled 2 (1991)

Another movie that came out a year before the movie it's supposed to be a sequel to, this is actually Wong Jing's 'The Last Blood'.  Yeah not technically MA either, but what can I say, any excuse to post this one!

26555_Hard%2520Boiled%25202.jpg

Fist of Legend 2: Iron Bodyguard (1996)

Vengeance Video's Toby Russell is at it again with this sequel, splicing footage from 1974's 'The Bodyguard' with a duo comprising of a Jet Li and Van Damme knock off.  Shameless.

FistofLegend2IronBodyguards+1996-3-b.jpg

Omni Dragon

For a long time I didn't know The Tai Chi Master (1993) had a sequel Tai Chi II (1996) mainly because I only knew it under the HKL DVD title of Tai Chi Boxer. IIRC like a lot of HK movies it's only a thematic-sequel. 

306057188_TaiChi21996-3-b.jpg.bec308e6a291193016ef42b7031168aa.jpg

Years ago there was an ad on home shopping network for some revolutionary training equipment, and they showed some clips from a martial arts-movie and one of the actors went on to praise their product. Been totally stumped since then what movie that scene came from. Mystery is now solved thanks to one of the above posts; Fists of legends 2! Thanks!

Archived