"Bloodfight," anyone?

Guest Alvin George

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah that tall dude was quite something as was that big sumo guy. The fights weren't too bad but it paled in comparison to the film it was trying to rip off(Bloodsport). The thing I remember most about this film was how horrible the actors were trying to speak English, it was quite painful to hear. It's always nice to see Shoji Kurata though. :)

I watched this last night for the first time and found it highly entertaining (mostly for the wrong reasons). It is total Bolosploitation as his character is named Chong Lee (as opposed to BLOODSPORT's Chong Li). Decent fight and funny everything else.

Full review here:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/07/kung-fu-treachery-bloodfight-1989.html

I personally enjoyed it. Kurata actually financed the film himself under his Kurata Promotions in Japan. It is actually a Japanese-financed film shot in Hong Kong, hence the casting of Simon Yam, Bolo Yeung, Stuart Smith (formerly of the IFD Ninja Films), John Ladalski, and Richard Foo (the big crime boss in KICKBOXER...Freddy Li's boss). Most of the crew including the director was Japanese.

The film's original title was FINAL FIGHT, but to capitalize on BLOODSPORT and Bolo Yeung, the title was changed to BLOODFIGHT.

sifu iron perm

yes i cried at the end and so did yall..

i want the song at the end credits..

mp3 anyone?

Archived