RIP Chen Sing

Killer Meteor

Killer Meteor

A lot of them just disapear once they stop appearing in films. Case in point, Hao Li-Jen who played the old servant in Enter the Dragon, has no date of death on HKMDB but I'd be amazed if he is still alive, and his last film is from 1981.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

Case in point, Hao Li-Jen who played the old servant in Enter the Dragon, has no date of death on HKMDB but I'd be amazed if he is still alive, and his last film is from 1981.

Many times I've found out about an actors passing, via doing research on the HKMDB for a review. Like you said, there's then those people who don't even have their deaths listed. Due to people simply not knowing when they passed away.

• Like 3

Some additional details about the life of "Hong Kong's Charles Bronson."  Chen immigrated to Canada many years ago, but in recent years settled in Indonesia. Last year he returned to Hong Kong but was struggling financially and the Hong Kong Stuntman Association had helped him out. Sadly, his only son (see photo) died two years ago from cancer. Chen Sing passed in his sleep without any pain or illness in Indonesia. He is survived by his wife.

Image1.jpg

• Like 6

I've been out of the loop and just stumbled upon this sad news. He was one of the actors that caught my attention when I first discovered kung fu films. "HK's Charles Bronson" seems like such an apt description. He certainly left an imprint on the industry and even though he's gone, he'll never be forgotten by fans of the kung fu film genre as his legacy on celluloid will live on forever.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, teako170 said:

Sadly, his only son (see photo) died two years ago from cancer.

Did he have a second son in later life?.

George Edward Chan

George Edward Chan is the son of Chen Sing.
  • Born: 01 Jan 1994 (age 25)
  • Parents: Chan Sing (Father)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Did he have a second son in later life?.

Interesting. Only read about the one. Hopefully someone will be able to verify with further details. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, teako170 said:

Interesting. Only read about the one. Hopefully someone will be able to verify with further details. 

I think this might be him?.

• Like 2

• Administrator
9 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I think this might be him?

Wow, he has to be his son. He looks just like his dad! How incredibly sad- a parent outliving their child. 😥

@teako170 many thanks for re-posting the article and images. Just the kind of valuable contributions to the forum that everybody can appreciate.

• Like 3

Thanks for this clip.

What are the titles of the movies in which he fights with Tan Tao Liang on the port, and the last one in which he fights with katanas having blades on a side ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

and the last one in which he fights with katanas having blades on a side ?

I'd like to know the answer to this question too, it looks like an early role but I may be wrong?.  I've only watched Vengenace and Return of The One Armed Swordsman, in regards to his pre-1971 films.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Wow, he has to be his son. He looks just like his dad! How incredibly sad- a parent outliving their child. 😥

@teako170 many thanks for re-posting the article and images. Just the kind of valuable contributions to the forum that everybody can appreciate.

I believe it is actually him. Father and son reunited. RIP to both Chen and George.

avatars-000138047883-b9mec5-t500x500.jpgCare.PNG

• Like 2

On 11/22/2019 at 9:07 AM, AlbertV said:

I believe it is actually him. Father and son reunited. RIP to both Chen and George.

avatars-000138047883-b9mec5-t500x500.jpgCare.PNG

Yep. Unfortunately, George Edward Chan was diagnosed with testicular cancer with severe metastasis (as late as 2013), and he understandably had to put his music career on hold. He moved back to Canada from Indonesia for treatment, and he passed away in 2015. If I remember correctly, prior to 2013 there was quite a lot of information linking him to Chan Sing (George had a website, too), and I remember wondering why information about his activities/career had suddenly gone dry. May both father and son rest in peace.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, ShawAngela said:

Thanks for this clip.

What are the titles of the movies in which he fights with Tan Tao Liang on the port, and the last one in which he fights with katanas having blades on a side ?

The title of the movie in which he fights with katanas having blades on a side is 'The Shaolin Plot' (1977).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

The title of the movie in which he fights with katanas having blades on a side is 'The Shaolin Plot' (1977).

Thank you very much for the information !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Isn't the colour picture showing Chen Sing with Wang Lung Wei ?

Yes. Can find it on the Wang Lung Wei Fanclub facebook page.

• Like 3