RIP Chen Sing

Killer Meteor

Very sorry to hear this, he was an entertaining actor who played a great villain and a few heroes as well. He definitely looked like a tough guy.

• Like 4

• Administrator

Aw... R.I.P. Chen Sing.

My favorite role of his is in IRON-FISTED MONK where he portrays San Te (the main character from THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN for those not paying attention). I love how he looks so upset when he injures his opponents (as a serious monk) and after flooring them, says over their crumpled bodies "Buddha bless you."

• Like 5

On 11/17/2019 at 11:34 PM, Killer Meteor said:

The Clones of Bruce Lee Facebook page is reporting that actor Chen Sing has passed away.

This is no way to start the week, very sad news. Powerful and charismatic performer, who could play a convincing character from both sides of the law. He's someone I'd love to have talked to, in regards to his career. I think he retired to Canada after his final Hong Kong movie role in Caged Beauties(1992)?.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:21 AM, CT KID said:

He definitely looked like a tough guy.

He was the genuine article by all account's, they didnt just hire anybody to work in the Hong Kong prison system as a guard. He escaped China like so many future Hong Kong actors, to evade the communists who were after him and other's. Sure he was a teacher in China at the time, but don't quote me on this. Like so many of his peer's, there is very little information about his life. Despite the dangerous prisonn job and evading persecution, he still made it to the grand age of 83.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

Sorry to hear this. Big fan of his, especially when he started to get larger roles in films such as Rage of Wind, Kung Fu-Invincible Fist, Black List, Two Cavaliers, Tiger Force etc. Always a formidible character/opponent in whatever film he was in.

• Like 3

He is definitely a legend. Whether he played a hero, or a villain, he had that ability to give off good vibes or evil vibes with his facial expressions and had the skills to boot as well. RIP Chan Sing.

ToughGuy+1972-21-b.jpgChanSing1-41-b.jpgChanSing1-57-b.jpgCagedBeauties+1993-3-b.jpg

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang
36 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

I was surprised to see him playing a wormy wimp in The Heroic Ones, sort of the Wei Ping-ao role.

That was in fact the first movie I saw him in and then I saw him delivering in action roles and could hardly believe it was the same actor!

• Like 3

Hurts like hell to lose yet another old-school kung fu legend. Chen Sing was one of those stalwart, reliable performers who ALWAYS delivered the goods. Rest In Peace, Good Sir.

• Like 5

Another legend of Asian cinema has died out, I hope that Asian or European publishers will release titles like "Rage of the wind", "Bloody fists", "Brutal boxer" "the Good and the bad" in original version and uncut
  • Like 4

Here's some scans from a 1975 magazine that I uploaded several years ago. Posted it on my FB timeline back then but not sure if I ever added it here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 9

Thank you very much for sharing this very interesting article !

Another great actor leaves us, such a pity...I saw him just two days ago in Fatal flying guillotine, and he was great.

He really was able to make the audience believe that he was as evil as his characters in movies, and he was equally convincing when he played good guys.

Fortunately, we still have the movies he played in to help us remembering him forever.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I wonder why it took over 2 months for news of his passing to be made public?

Taking a guess, the news will only have been only been reported in the Asian press/media. Then you have to hope someone spots this, who is aware of people like us. Who are fans of the genre he was apart off. If Michael Worth hadn't shared this on his social media pages, we would be non the wiser about it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, teako170 said:

Posted it on my FB timeline back then but not sure if I ever added it here. 

Hi @teako170, tt might have been lost/deleted during one of the forum blackout's?. Great article and thanks for sharing it here.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

I often look up on IMDB faces from the old school kung fu flicks and if they aren't listed as being deceased i naturally assume they are still going. Now i'm not so sure if i can rely on a source like that

• Like 2