Wu Tang Collection App

kurtz

Hi All

i’m sure everybody is aware of the Wu Tang Collection youtube channel.

They now have an app, officially in the apple store.

However, ive tried to install but have no idea how to access it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

There no shortcut, doesn't show as an app at all but insists is installed.

i remember seeing something about accessing through apple tv app but cannot find anything in there??

with IOS in mind, anybody any ideas?

cheers

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Tan knows he's irrelevant in the 21st century. That's why he put his collection on YouTube and Amazon Prime. We are in the age in where there's plenty of quality stuff being released and remastered. Hopefully Michael Worth will get the support for all his hard work. George Tan and his 10th generation Ocean Shores bootlegs can kick rocks!

TheKungFuRobber
1 hour ago, Jesse Smooth said:

George Tan knows he's irrelevant in the 21st century. That's why he put his collection on YouTube and Amazon Prime. We are in the age in where there's plenty of quality stuff being released and remastered. Hopefully Michael Worth will get the support for all his hard work. George Tan and his 10th generation Ocean Shores bootlegs can kick rocks!

He fucking stole my Young Hero and Little Kickboxer customs. Slimy little cocksucker. Probably made a grand off them the scaff.

I don't even release customs that aren't widescreen unless the film was shot in 1.33:1 or there are absolutely no copies left, and I at least try to include multiple language options when I can. So many customs I am not happy with and won't release. Heroes of Shaolin and Fatal Needles being two of them. I might look back into it, if I can find a copy of Heroes of Shaolin that isn't an improper PAL-NTSC conversion. If anyone has a PAL and Widescreen VHS of the film I would gladly buy it off them and do a proper conversion. I'm fairly libertarian when it comes to movies being faded and damaged but when the framerate is choppy, like the film is playing at 18FPS I wouldn't even bother releasing it.

My print of Fatal Needles also sucks, it's not full widescreen and is cramped as hell. Colours are fine, I have the Mandarin dub already synced. There is a Jordanian VHS rip out there which is letterbox but the picture quality is so bad it isn't even funny.

George Tan knows he's irrelevant in the 21st century.

So he's the guy behind the Wu Tang Channel?.

Hopefully Michael Worth will get the support for all his hard work. George Tan and his 10th generation Ocean Shores bootlegs can kick rocks!

Ditto, Michael Worth is putting a lot of hard work/money into getting some Old-School movies out there. He's not simply stealing others work, and publishing it as his own.

TheKungFuRobber

Actually, let's not hate George Tan too much. Top Fighter introduced me to some good movies, even if the romanization of Chinese actor names were complete whack (I prefer Hanyu Pinyin over Wade–Giles because it is much more logical in practice, and even with that I don't remember Jet Li being called Jet Lee). I don't understand Traditional Chinese at all and I don't know why anyone would want to try, it's a ridiculously hard script to write, like it was designed only for elitists to be able to use and write down. Simplified Chinese is much easier to write.

1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I don't remember Jet Li being called Jet Lee.

He was "Jet Lee" on the original Eastern Heroes released of the Shaolin Temple trilogy, I believe.

images.jpg

So George Tan, the man behind the crap VideoAsia releases, is behind a crap Youtube channel. Some things never change.

Edit: Is he still touting that unreleased Bruce Lee book?

15 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

So he's the guy behind the Wu Tang Channel?.

Yep. That's him. I'm not sure if he's returned to the States, but he was living in Thailand for a while.

1 hour ago, HyperDrive said:

So George Tan, the man behind the crap VideoAsia releases, is behind a crap Youtube channel. Some things never change.

Edit: Is he still touting that unreleased Bruce Lee book?

George Tan is a FAILURE. I was told he wrote a Bruce bio script, but Bruce Lee isn't an exploitable product as it was in the '80s. Matthew Polly wrote the book Tan should have but he (Tan) is a disorganized crook. He tried to make a Conan movie using public domain material, but again, stifled by copyright issues. 

12 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Actually, let's not hate George Tan too much. Top Fighter introduced me to some good movies, even if the romanization of Chinese actor names were complete whack (I prefer Hanyu Pinyin over Wade–Giles because it is much more logical in practice, and even with that I don't remember Jet Li being called Jet Lee). I don't understand Traditional Chinese at all and I don't know why anyone would want to try, it's a ridiculously hard script to write, like it was designed only for elitists to be able to use and write down. Simplified Chinese is much easier to write.

I guess I'm a sucker for 'traditional' Chinese as its still used in Overseas communities. IMO, the calligraphy is beautiful (its the artist in me). I have no problem with Wade-Giles as its used in Taiwan and the old films. Trivial stuff I suppose. Tan is a fascinating, yet despicable character. When it comes to Bruce Lee, he's brilliant as he knows quite a bit. However, he stunk up the genre on the domestic home video front.

7 hours ago, Jesse Smooth said:

Yep. That's him. I'm not sure if he's returned to the States, but he was living in Thailand for a while.

Was the Thai trip funded by all the un-refunded BL Book money?.

When I bought from Tan's Dragon Video after seeing his advertisement in Black Belt magazine back in the the day his Ocean Shores vhs of Sun Dragon, Kungfu Zombie and Fistful of Talons were all originals but all of his  Jackie and Shaws stuff were boots. All his shit was way overpriced too, but back then it was the only place l could find it like alot of people so the crook took advantage.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:39 AM, Jesse Smooth said:

George Tan is a FAILURE. I was told he wrote a Bruce bio script, but Bruce Lee isn't an exploitable product as it was in the '80s. Matthew Polly wrote the book Tan should have but he (Tan) is a disorganized crook. He tried to make a Conan movie using public domain material, but again, stifled by copyright issues. 

And let's not forget the White Tiger debacle. The film was shot just prior to Joe Lewis' death but we didn't get the film until nearly 5 years later because there was something with the production rights and it led Karen Kaing to I'm guessing sue George Tan and when she won, she received sole producer credit on the film and the film would be renamed Death Fighter from the distributor.

Archived