Prisoners of The Ghostland (2020) - Tak Sakaguchui, Nicholas Cage, Sofia Boutela

DragonClaws

Director Sion Sono (TagWhy Don’t You Play in Hell?, Love Exposure), “the most subversive filmmaker working in Japanese cinema today,” will be making his English-language debut with Prisoners of the Ghostland, an upcoming post-apocalyptic action thriller starring Nicolas Cage (Outcast, Rage, Face/Off).

Source- https://cityonfire.com/sion-sono-to-direct-nicolas-cage-in-prisoners-of-the-ghostland/

If you go to Japan and you happen to come across a snack with the face of Nicolas Cage on the packaging, no need to freak out, because that is apparently Japan’s way of promoting one of the actor’s latest movie, “Army of One”, (In Japan, it is titled “Bin Laden is My Prey”)

20170917-00000007-flix-000-view.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Big news...RLJE Films has just scored the U.S. rights to the movie ahead of its premiere at Sundance. I just got the word from the PR company behind RLJE Films. 

I'm so stoked as Bill Moseley, aka Chop-Top from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Otis Firefly of the Rob Zombie Firefly franchise, co-stars! Here's the synopsis:

PRISONERS OF THE GHOSTLAND is set in the treacherous frontier city of Samurai Town where a ruthless bank robber (Cage) is sprung from jail by wealthy warlord The Governor (Moseley), whose adopted granddaughter Bernice (Boutella) has gone missing. The Governor offers the prisoner his freedom in exchange for retrieving the runaway. Strapped into a leather suit that will self-destruct within three days, the bandit sets off on a journey to find the young woman—and his own path to redemption.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2