Color Out of Space (2019) Nicholas Cage, Joely Richardson, Q'orianka Kilcher, Tommy Chong

DragonClaws

After a meteorite lands in the front yard of their farm, Nathan Gardner (Nicolas Cage) and his family find themselves battling a mutant extraterrestrial organism as it infects their minds and bodies, transforming their quiet rural life into a living nightmare.

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

This is actually based of a short story by H.P. Lovecraft. I'm currently reading a collection of his work, and I just finished this story yesterday. One of my faves so far.

• Like 5

On 11/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

This is actually based of a short story by H.P. Lovecraft. I'm currently reading a collection of his work, and I just finished this story yesterday. One of my faves so far.

Maybe Deadly Spawn was copying H.P Lovecrafts idea then?.

• Like 4

In the weeks to come, I am hoping to interview co-star Brendan Meyer (who plays Nicolas Cage's son in the film) and co-writer/director Richard Stanley about the film. 

• Like 3

On 11/26/2019 at 6:32 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

@DrNgor would probably know for sure.

Deadly Spawn was a Z-grade Alien rip-off that somehow managed to do things right and thus gain a loyal cult following.

Colour Out of Space is an adaptation of the novella of the same name, which has been adapted as Die, Monster! Die (1966); The Curse (1987); and the Italian Colour from the Dark. The whole idea of the novella is that Lovecraft didn't approve of aliens in weird literature in the time always being portrayed as corporeal beings, so he came up with the idea of something so alien that communication with it would be impossible on any conceivable level: an alien 'color' that slowly infects and sucks the life out of organisms it comes into contact with.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

It's also one of Lovecraft's few works that isn't dripping with unrestrained racism. The Horror at Red Hook on the other hand...oooh boy!

This Monday, for the film's release, I will have an exclusive interview with co-star Brendan Meyer, who plays Nic Cage's son in the film. Almost exactly a year ago, we talked about another film he did. I'll also have my review of the film up as well. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 6:28 PM, AlbertV said:

I will have an exclusive interview with co-star Brendan Meyer, who plays Nic Cage's son in the film.

How did the interview go @AlbertV?.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

How did the interview go @AlbertV?

It went pretty well. This was the second time I interviewed Brendan and he's pretty cool. The full interview can be read here:

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2020/01/20/color-ing-the-space-an-interview-with-brendan-meyer/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I swear I’m the only person I know of that truly loved this movie.

Nope...I am on your boat. I absolutely thought it was really good :) It made my top 20 of '20

• Like 3