Samaritan (2020) - Sylvester Stallone, Martin Starr, Natacha Karem, Moises Arias

DragonClaws

A young boy learns that a superhero who was thought to have gone missing after an epic battle twenty years ago may in fact still be around. - IMDB

The film is set to be directed Julius Avery(Overlord, Son of A Gun), with a script by Bragi F.Schut.

MV5BOTE4NmYzNDctN2JmYy00YjQxLTk5NWEtZWRlMzBhNmIxN2MxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ2MTg1Nzk@._V1_.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Huh is he that old? He looks like he is in his 50s or did they cgi his face.

Another superhero film, sigh. trailer looks generic

I’m probably gonna get weird looks but at least Shyamalan did something interesting and still fun with the genre with his trilogy.

• Like 1

Looks pretty cool! Reminds me of "The Dark Knight Returns" but with a Superman-like character. I'm also a major fan of Stallone, so I'll defiantly be checking this out. 

• Like 1

I was really excited for this one. Unfortunately after a pretty strong start the whole thing slowly just falls apart. 

Samaritan largely benefits between the dynamic of Sly's character and Sam. But it is never enough to carry the entire thing.

Acting is especially towards the end more miss than hit. The villains are poorly stereotypical written characters and completely forgettable. Adding insult to injury is the PG-13 rating (meaning there's no blood AGAIN) and some pretty horrific CGI. 

I really like the overall dark tone of Samaritan and the dynamic between our protagonists but unfortunately it's all drowend in a run of the mill story and characters. Pretty average and overall rather disappointing.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 3:55 PM, laagi said:

I was really excited for this one. Unfortunately after a pretty strong start the whole thing slowly just falls apart. 

Samaritan largely benefits between the dynamic of Sly's character and Sam. But it is never enough to carry the entire thing.

Acting is especially towards the end more miss than hit. The villains are poorly stereotypical written characters and completely forgettable. Adding insult to injury is the PG-13 rating (meaning there's no blood AGAIN) and some pretty horrific CGI. 

I really like the overall dark tone of Samaritan and the dynamic between our protagonists but unfortunately it's all drowend in a run of the mill story and characters. Pretty average and overall rather disappointing.

Man, that sucks. I'll probably still watch it due to Stallone being in it, but it seems I'll have to adjust my expectations. 

• Like 1

A typical action movie with Stallone's usual routines but mixed with superhero elements and CGI, which were all pleasant to say the least. Not sure if Stallone has done anything like this before, but if he has desire to venture into CGI and superheroes again, I think he would do good. Overall, this was pretty fun actually.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1