Bloodshot (2020) Eiza Gonzalez, Vin Diesel, Sam Heughan, Toby Kebbel

DragonClaws

Here's the short and to the point synopsis from IMDB.Com.

Ray Garrison, a slain mobster, is re-animated with superpowers.

Edited by DragonClaws

On 10/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Yikes. 

Looks like this one will be getting a Febuary 2020 release.

MV5BZTIyMGVjZTMtNjlhYi00ODY2LTllODQtNjY2

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Is it me or does this look weirdly low on action?

There’s already too much vin diesel in the trailer though. I love the comic book so much (especially salvation) that having such a turd like Diesel as Bloodshot is blasphemy. C’mon the dude can’t act! He can barely drive...

Edited by Rodolphe Dux

It's apparent and pretty obvious after reading some reviews, that people like to just sh** allover it because of Vin Diesel's involvment. Yeah I don't particularly like the guy myself.

However, I think it's just lame to give it a low rating because of this dude. I went in with zero expectations and I enjoyed it. It's a typical actioner with some really expensive looking SFX. Vin Diesel really tries to "act" in this movie and does so more or less successfully. To me (unfamiliar with the comic) there's just too many elements which I've seen a million times before. And I feel the movie borrows heavily from some famous predecessors. Again I never read the comics and am pretty clueless about the source material.

Satisfying enough in it's execution and heavy on good SFX I can recommend it for a night at home.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, laagi said:

Satisfying enough in it's execution and heavy on good SFX I can recommend it for a night at home.

Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll check it out. 

• Like 2

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26747

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray for Bloodshot on May 5, 2020. 

Special Features and Technical Specs:

• DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
  • Deleted & Extended Scenes including an Alternate Ending
  • Outtakes & Blooper Reel
  • Featurettes:
    • Initiate Sequence: Directing BLOODSHOT: Visual Effects and Video Game Artist Dave Wilson takes the reins of his first feature film and reveals all of the passion, creativity, and hard work that he and his team of artists employed in bringing BLOODSHOT to life.
    • Forgotten Soldiers: The Cast of BLOODSHOT: Vin Diesel takes center stage to unveil the compelling aspects of his approach to the comic book superhero, BLOODSHOT, and Guy Pearce, Eiza Gonzalez, Sam Heughan, and Lamorne Morris detail all aspects of the film's amazing ensemble.
  • Optional English SDH, Spanish, and French subtitles for the main feature

• Like 2

This film is based off a comic book by Valiant.  I had a few of them.  It was related to the Rai series. 

bloodshot 1.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/30/2020 at 2:13 AM, morpheus said:

This film is based off a comic book by Valiant.  I had a few of them.  It was related to the Rai series. 

bloodshot 1.jpg

Are they worth reading? My local comic shop as a few trade-paperback collections of Bloodshot, but I've been on the fence on getting them or not. 

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, DarthKato said:

Are they worth reading? My local comic shop as a few trade-paperback collections of Bloodshot, but I've been on the fence on getting them or not. 

It was a good comic at the beginning.  After a while the story line sort of dragged onward.  I had the first 10 or 12 issues I think.  It's been a long while since I read them, in fact I don't even know where the comics are or if I still have them.  Valiant had good stories when Jim Shooter and Barry Windsor Smith were around.  I enjoyed the Archer and Armstrong series when Smith was writing and penciling.

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, morpheus said:

It was a good comic at the beginning.  After a while the story line sort of dragged onward.  I had the first 10 or 12 issues I think.  It's been a long while since I read them, in fact I don't even know where the comics are or if I still have them.  Valiant had good stories when Jim Shooter and Barry Windsor Smith were around.  I enjoyed the Archer and Armstrong series when Smith was writing and penciling.

Alright, thanks! I’ll check those out and see how I like them. 

• Like 2