The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful (2019) - Kwon Sang-Woo, Kim Hie-Won, Kim Sung-Kyun

AlbertV

Gwi-Soo (Kwon Sang-Woo) loses everything by playing the strategy board game Go. With the help of his Go teacher Heo Il-Do (Kim Sung-Kyun) and teacher Ddong (Kim Hee-Won), Gwi-Soo jumps into the high stakes betting Go game. He goes up against masters from all over the country including Busan Weeds (Heo Sung-Tae), Loner (Woo Do-Hwan), Shaman Jangsung (Won Hyun-Joon) and others.

The_Divine_Move-_Ghost_Move-P1.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

The film is making its North American debut on November 15 at the CGV Cinemas in Buena Park and Los Angeles and then a limited nationwide release on November 22.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

I saw the film yesterday and I actually enjoyed it. There is a nice little twist to the story, which now has Kwon Sang-woo seeking revenge for those who are responsible for his life unraveling as a kid by challenging them to the game of Go (like in the original film). The final challenge is quite a delight to watch because it was quite unexpected.

The film hits select theaters nationwide tomorrow.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2019/11/21/the-divine-move-2-the-wrathful-2019/

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

This was....surprisingly good! Not sure why I wasn't expecting it to be, but I guess any sequel which loses the heavy hitters of the original comes with some trepidation, thankfully here it was unfounded. I gave it the full review treatment over at COF, check it out here - 

https://cityonfire.com/the-divine-move-2-the-wrathful-2019-review/

• Like 2