INFERNAL AFFAIRS 2:

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

INFERNAL AFFAIRS 2:

Now I got to watch this film last night and it was just as good as the 1st. one. I like how the characters grow into the roles that we would see Andy Lau & Tony Leung Chiu-Wai portray in the 1s.t film and it just added the missing pieces together overall very good film.

Japan's INFERNAL AFFAIRS films began to receive some serious international recognition after Martin Scorsese remade the original as THE DEPARTED in 2006. INFERNAL AFFAIRS 2 is a police/crime thriller in the same vein as its predecessor. The events of INFERNAL AFFAIRS 2 take place prior to the time frame of the original, providing back story to its events and characters. Stylish, action-packed, and outfitted with a complex roller-coaster of a plot, this prequel will be of interest to any fan of the original.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

I felt the prequel was a let down: Andy and Tony are sorely missed. Edison and Shawn are like planks of wood in comparison. Mind you the sequel did have the original stars and wasn't so hot. They should have left the original alone but in typical modern fashion if a film makes money we have quick cash-ins.

Guest Daisho2004

Markgway I agree that Andy & Tony were missed but it was good how it filled in the blanks about both of them and what happened during those years, I really enjoyed this one. But I haven't seen pt.#3 yet.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I thought part 2 was almost as great as part 1. But I didnt like part 3 very much at all. It was Ok, just nowhere near as good as the other 2 films. First 2 films set a high precedent part 3 never came close to for me.

Guest Beat TG

I'm might be alone on this but I think IA 2 is the best in the whole trilogy. Tony and Andy may be gone but Wong and Tsang were there so that totally made up for it. plus having Francis Ng was also a treat to the movie.

Guest D1 Ma

I actually liked the second part more than the first, too.

Part 3 was aweful. As far as I'm concerned, IA has only two parts ;)

Guest The Running Man
I'm might be alone on this but I think IA 2 is the best in the whole trilogy.

You are not alone on that.

Guest Yi Long

I cant pick favourites, cause I liked all 3.

But yeah, pt 2 is great. The story is just great, and Eric Tsang especially shows so much depth to his character, as well as Anthony Wong. Edison is indeed a bit of a plank, and Shawn Yue was ok but great. But they didnt ruin the movie for me.

Just an awesome trilogy.

Archived