The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Neil Patrick Harris, Daniel Bernhardt

DragonClaws

Excellent trailer. Great visuals and over-the-top action sequences are hinted at. I'm not sure how it will fit into the trilogy--I've done my best to NOT read anything about the movie--and I'm not sure how this will fare as a martial arts film, but it looks like it will be a hoot to watch.

Have the haters and critics gone back and re-evaluated The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions yet?

• Like 3

Am I the only one who noticed the very poor opening shot!? It looked like a cut scene from a early 2000's videogame. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me. As for the rest it's not really saying much. Looks like a CGI action fest. Curious what that will turn out to be.

I'll probably watch the original again tonight. To me it still should have just ended right there. Just my two cents ;)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Excellent trailer. Great visuals and over-the-top action sequences are hinted at. I'm not sure how it will fit into the trilogy--I've done my best to NOT read anything about the movie--and I'm not sure how this will fare as a martial arts film, but it looks like it will be a hoot to watch.

Have the haters and critics gone back and re-evaluated The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions yet?

Luckily there is almost no information about RESURRECTIONS out there and I hope it stays that way. I don't even need another trailer, I am watching this on HBO MAX the day it is available.

I've always loved all three films and THE ANIMATRIX, some of my favorite movies of all time.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ronin said:

I've always loved all three films and THE ANIMATRIX, some of my favorite movies of all time.

I still haven't seen The Animatrix.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
11 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Same. Just the three movies in a theater is all I've seen. I think this movie is more enjoyable with a crowd. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

:laluot_17:

THE ANIMATRIX is fantastic, even if you aren't generally a fan of anime, highly recommend checking it out.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Man, that game sounds like it was awesome! Shame that its no longer playable and never came to consoles. I would actually like to see those screenshots if it isn't any trouble. 

Best game I ever played, I miss it every day.  I will post the event log and some screenshots later.

There is so much stuff in that trailer that are deep cut references to the game.  My wish came true!

• Like 3

Spoilers for MXO which may or may not be spoilers for Matrix 4:

October 9, 2007 - Chapter 8.3.1:

Spoiler

Preamble:  

Morpheus died not long after the onset of peace, having waged a one-man crusade to get Neo's remains returned to Zion.  He feared that the Machines had deceived humanity, and reinserted The One into the system with a new identity.  Before he could affect change, he was murdered by an Assassin sent by The Merovingian.  Many other crises presented themselves to the Redpills in the months and years that followed.  Some served Zion's military.  Some tried to take up Morpheus's cause.  Some (like myself) chose to cooperate with The Machines.  Some chose the path of Cypher - seeking revenge on those who awakened them, and to deny the Truth to others.  And some just sold out, becoming henchmen to The Merovingian.  Morpheus returned at the height of chaos - but it was a lie.  A program created by an exile called The General, in the hopes of sowing dissent.  This false Morpheus continued to live -as- Morpheus, becoming a symbol for all that man once stood for.  About two years after the truce had gone into effect, a series of events led the Architect to declare that Zion had broken the truce.  Peace was over.  All hell broke loose.  Twelve weeks later...

Event-critical information:

The Machines captured some potentially useful data from the Zion mainframe: a three-year-old archive of operative RSI signatures. The data could be used to lock the known operative's signal, and prevent their emergency jack-out system from functioning, making a death in the simulation truly fatal; however, the archive was neurally encrypted, and would unlock only when receiving signals matching the brainwave patterns of those who "signed" it: Lock, or Morpheus. Attempting to solve this problem, the Machines constructed their own crude simulacrum of Morpheus from available data, but it was found lacking in correct human responses, and was scheduled for training by operatives. 

Image translations of this incident are attached.

Debriefing:  Machine operatives led the sim through re-creations of scenes from its memory, hoping to attune its mind to the state necessary to match the real Morpheus' brain patterns, and unlock the RSI archive. But the sim's recall of and reaction to the events was shaky, and in the end it failed to access the archive. Agent Pace had operatives delete it.

MMorph_Syntax.zip

• Like 3

Looks incredible and I cannot wait to dive back into the matrix.

I always wanted to play the MMO but it went offline before I ever could.

I love that it is seen as canon to the films. Nice touch.

Man, this brings happy memories of the hype around the sequels back in the day!

• Like 6

Surprisingly good trailer.  I haven’t gotten hyped for this yet due to the original disappointing sequels and lack of good product from the Wachowskis lately.  Can they recapture the magic of the original?  I’m hoping so…

• Like 4

Taking a look at the IMDB, the fight team consists of:

Fight Choreographers:

Joshua Grothe - Gunpowder Milkshake; a bunch of German productions;
Ulrik Bruchholz - Stuntwork on a lot of films, including Europe Raiders and Paul W. S. Anderson's The Three Musketeers; fight choreography on a bunch of German productions;

Stunt Coordinators:
Don Theerathada - Creed 2; Allegiant; Bullet to the Head; The Expendables 2
Lee Huang - SNAFU; Gunpowder Milkshake; plus stuntwork on Kung Fu Yoga and Bleeding Steel

Martial Arts Stunt Coordinator:

Jonathan Eusebio: the John Wick films; Conan the BarbarianHaywireNever Back DownIron Man 2

Edited by DrNgor
Update names
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Yahya Abdul Mateen II has confirmed he is the younger version of Morpheus.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/abdul-mateen-ii-confirms-hes-morpheus/

Judging by the trailer, he was a really good replacement. He looks very much like a younger Laurence Fishburne. But it sucks that Laurence Fishburne won’t be coming back. 

• Like 2

I didn't think I'd be saying this but that trailer actually looks promising, and watching it really got me nostalgic. It certainly doesn't seem to be a revolutionary piece of filmmaking the original was, but it looks entertaining and better than I had expected. Being that I only saw the original Matrix when it returned to the theaters for its 20th anniversary, I'll make sure to catch this one on the big screen, regardless of how good or bad it is.

As for Morpheus, I would've preferred Fishburne.

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 4

On 9/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, Ronin said:

Luckily there is almost no information about RESURRECTIONS out there and I hope it stays that way.

Some of the script/storyline was leaked online a few months ago. How much of it was true/legit I dont know.

• Like 2

Continuing my "MXO is canon" interpretation - another enthusiast of the defunct MMO found a really obscure piece of lore, one that was not well known even when the game was live.  Only accessible for a short amount of time - like so much of its 'live' content.  Using the emulator, I have generated it in my own inventory and documented it.  From the journal of

Spoiler

The Assassin that killed Morpheus.

The most relevant excerpt is below.  Seems to be foreshadowing that mysterious second cranial jack seen in the teaser.  Over 15 years ago - breadcrumbs.  Maybe I'm seeing patterns.  But I like them a lot.

Spoiler

screenshot_87.jpg

Edited by starschwar
Spoiler tags.
  • Like 3

Once again, MXO has paved the way.

Spoiler

Jonathan Groff is playing a new version of Smith? Well. When Smith returned in MXO they didn't have Hugo Weaving's likeness so... I'm kinda ready for this? He has big shoes to fill.  But, there is precedent.

johnathan-groff-matrix.jpg

smithvirusat3.jpg

• Like 4

Further MXO-related info about my last spoiler-tagged post:

Spoiler

014.jpg.b230383c699a63d6102d8be501fdd5af.jpg

015.jpg.1d160f80a730db74c37588bda30eb603.jpg

017.jpg.82ba44d5c30b57a0df338cbd658c06f3.jpg

Edited by starschwar
Updated with correct spoiler tags.
  • Like 3

I really, REALLY hope this is going to be good. Luckily, everything I've seen so far doesn't look too bad. I doubt it will match the first movie, but I'll be happy if its better than the last two sequels(I mean, I thought they were okay, but come on, they don't come anywhere near the original. That one is a classic)

• Like 2