The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Neil Patrick Harris, Daniel Bernhardt

DragonClaws

17 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

I could see her as a younger version of the original trilogy's female lead. Are we going for a prequel on Neo's companions ?

Who knows, there are two different projects set in the same world setting?.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Who knows, there are two different projects set in the same world setting?.

As a reminder, there's both a sequel to the original trilogy and an extended universe in the works. Sorta like what they are doing with Star Wars and episodes 7/8/9 and the likes of Rogue One and Solo

• Like 2

Christina Ricci is appearing in The Matrix 4 in an undisclosed role. 

https://www.darkhorizons.com/christina-ricci-joins-the-matrix-4/

The ones returning from the original trilogy are:

• Keanu Reeves (Neo)
  • Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity)
  • Jada Pinkett-Smith (Niobe)
  • Daniel Bernhardt (Agent Johnson)
  • Lambert Wilson (The Merovingian)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cognoscente said:

Christina is so small that her role will probably be a Yoda-esque oracle.

She'll make a fine looking Yoda. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

starschwar

Maybe she's playing Tyndall from The Matrix Online?  She could also pass for Veil, I think.  Of course, I'm one of those madmen that are clinging to hope that the game is still canon.

080806cutout_tyndall_radio.png

080806cutout_veil_insult.png

Edited by starschwar
Removed broken link
  • Like 3

Footage was seen at CinemaCon and an official trailer will debut in December with the official title being The Matrix Resurrections. The plot will involve Neo, in the aftermath of the last film, awakening but having no memory of being "The One".

https://www.thewrap.com/the-matrix-resurrections-neo-and-trinity-are-back-with-amnesia/

• Like 4

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Footage was seen at CinemaCon and an official trailer will debut in December with the official title being The Matrix Resurrections.

The film itself has a December 22nd release date. I imagine we’ll see a teaser or trailer any day now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Footage was seen at CinemaCon and an official trailer will debut in December with the official title being The Matrix Resurrections. The plot will involve Neo, in the aftermath of the last film, awakening but having no memory of being "The One".

https://www.thewrap.com/the-matrix-resurrections-neo-and-trinity-are-back-with-amnesia/

Sounds pretty cool so far. 

• Like 3

Sounds like MXO is being used after all!  In the earliest chapters, Morpheus was convinced that Neo had been reinserted into The Matrix with a new identity and altered memories.  Neo's body was not returned to Zion, and so Morpheus set out to, once again, find The One.  It did not go as planned, to make a long and convoluted story short.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

No this is not John Wick Chapter 4...but Neo sports the John Wick look! Official first look at Neo in The Matrix Resurrections.

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

Trailer comes out on Thursday!

Matrix-4.jpg

Cool(I can see this fueling the fan theories that John Wick and Neo are the same guy). I cannot wait to see trailer!

• Like 2

The teaser website is interactive!  Red or blue pill results in a different set of clips from the trailer with different narration and an amazing fourth-wall break I don't want to spoil.  It's happening!  It's really happening!

• Like 3

The narration seems to heavily invoke the notion of the perception of the passage of time.  Is Neil Patrick Harris playing this character, I wonder?  Seems to fit.  I can provide the full record of that live event if there is interest.

010.jpg

042.jpg

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 4

Not sure what's more disturbing about the teasers. The few action scenes that look pretty much like a copy&paste job of the previous movies or a "best of" the Matrix. Or the fact Keanu Reeves didn't have time to get a haircut or a proper shave and they just went with the John Wick look. It's histerical watching him throw down as this could easily be from John Wick 4.

However credit where credit's due. The website with the choice of red or blue pill which results in a different teaser (with accurate local time) is pretty sweet. Wondering how the trailer will look and feel.

*Edit* Both movies were shot in Berlin. Did they do this back to back. So Keanu only had to change sets :yociexp100:

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, laagi said:

Not sure what's more disturbing about the teasers. The few action scenes that look pretty much like a copy&paste job of the previous movies

Note that all the recreations are in some way incorrect.  The team attacking Trinity is using different weapons, etc.  I think the movie's going to be playing around with false memories and so on.

Also - again, from the still as-yet not-decanonized Matrix Online, there was an event that I had the pleasure of participating in.  The Machines had to make a program copy of Morpheus (not even the first of its kind! There was another running around back then, too!).  We had to try and make it regain the memories of the real deal - by re-enacting famous moments of his life.  Perhaps the same method is being attempted again.  For whom, I am not certain.  But there is precedent in the lore for this sort of thing.

Once again, I can provide a complete screenshot record of that incident to anyone who is curious.  A Machine-made Morpheus is of particular relevance - Yahya's character seems to be emulating Morpheus's style, yet wears an Agent's suit in one of the clips...

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, starschwar said:

Note that all the recreations are in some way incorrect.  The team attacking Trinity is using different weapons, etc.  I think the movie's going to be playing around with false memories and so on.

Also - again, from the still as-yet not-decanonized Matrix Online, there was an event that I had the pleasure of participating in.  The Machines had to make a program copy of Morpheus (not even the first of its kind! There was another running around back then, too!).  We had to try and make it regain the memories of the real deal - by re-enacting famous moments of his life.  Perhaps the same method is being attempted again.  For whom, I am not certain.  But there is precedent in the lore for this sort of thing.

Once again, I can provide a complete screenshot record of that incident to anyone who is curious.  A Machine-made Morpheus is of particular relevance - Yahya's character seems to be emulating Morpheus's style, yet wears an Agent's suit in one of the clips...

Man, that game sounds like it was awesome! Shame that its no longer playable and never came to consoles. I would actually like to see those screenshots if it isn't any trouble. 

• Like 2