The Matrix Resurrections (2021) - Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Neil Patrick Harris, Daniel Bernhardt

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

It's still early days yet, but Warner are planning on re-booting/re-making/re-mixing/reheating the 1998 blockbuster action hit The Matrix. Not sure if they plan to tie the new films with the older series?.

Link- http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/the-matrix/47945/the-matrix-warner-bros-planning-cinematic-universe

Moive still from The Matrix Revolutions(2003).

46e8799f995d558401bb2f6b3b7368ef.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Secret Executioner

Either people will be pissed they decided to have a Black Neo... Or it makes sense because the Morpheus prequel thing is happening. 

Still, I'm intrigued - the first movie has a cult status while the sequels.... They didn't match the first one, even though they do have some neat action.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I'm just waiting for the Yuen Woo-Ping returning announcement :D

Pretty please?

If Woo-Ping doesn't return, they can always get Chad Stahelski to do the action ;)

• Like 3

On 8/21/2019 at 3:38 PM, AlbertV said:

If Woo-Ping doesn't return, they can always get Chad Stahelski to do the action ;)

I wonder if they will stick with the original style of action, or try to go a different direction with it?.

• Like 3

Lana Wachowski as mentioned will be co-writing and directing a new installment of The Matrix, which will bring back Keanu Reeves as Neo and Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity. Aquaman's Black Manta, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, will be co-starring in the film as he met with Wachowski, who was looking to cast the yet unspecified role.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-yahya-abdul-mateen-ii-1203364314/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Lana Wachowski as mentioned will be co-writing and directing a new installment of The Matrix, which will bring back Keanu Reeves as Neo and Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity. Aquaman's Black Manta, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, will be co-starring in the film as he met with Wachowski, who was looking to cast the yet unspecified role.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-yahya-abdul-mateen-ii-1203364314/

Is this the same project @AlbertV?.

• Like 3

Right, I think the Matrix CU was supposed to be around possible spin-offs. This thread is on the official sequel that's coming from Lana Wachowski. :) Figured it would be good to distinguish the two.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Right, I think the Matrix CU was supposed to be around possible spin-offs. This thread is on the official sequel that's coming from Lana Wachowski. :) Figured it would be good to distinguish the two.

Sequels, spin-off's, re-boots :yociexp103:, thanks for clearing that up @AlbertV and @Secret Executioner.

• Like 3

EXCLUSIVE: Several sources tell us that Jada Pinkett Smith is in current negotiations to return for Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s The Matrix 4. She played the role of Niobe in parts 2 and 3, The Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions. It is not a done deal yet, we hear.

Via DEADLINE

Link- https://deadline.com/2019/10/matrix-4-jada-pinkett-smith-in-talks-to-return-1202761135/

• Like 2

Some site's are saying that actor Neil Patrick Harris, is in talks to appear in he new sequel or is it a prequel, or maybe re-boot?.

Neil-Patrick-Harris.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Some site's are saying that actress Jessica Henwick(Iron Fist), is in talks to play one of the main character's in the new sequel or re-boot.

MV5BYTk2NmFjNzQtYTNiNy00ODk5LWE4NGUtZTFj

Edited just now by DragonClaws

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

I just posted this exact same news in this other thread @AlbertV, I'm getting confused we got two threads on new Matrix movies.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I just posted this exact same news in this other thread @AlbertV, I'm getting confused we got two threads on new Matrix movies.

I think what would be a good idea is let's find out what exactly this new Matrix movie is then consider merging the two if that's the case :)

• Like 3

May 21, 2021 will see The Matrix 4 and what do you know... - @AlbertV

According to IMDB, the fourth film is set for a (2022) release?.

The stunt coordinator for new film will be Monique Ganderton(Atomic Blond, Avengers Endgame, Fast8).

MV5BMWJmMDkyY2EtOWFjOC00NmRjLWJmYTQtZDMy

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

According to IMDB, the fourth film is set for a (2022) release?.

Warner Brothers officially set the Matrix film for 5/21/2021. Originally, Akira was set for that date but it's now been pulled off the shelf.

From Deadline:

"The Matrix, which returns to the big screen for the first time since 2003, now sits on date with the fourth chapter of Lionsgate’s John Wick franchise, which of course is toplined by the Matrix star Keanu Reeves, setting up a Keanu Kollision Kourse in summer cineplexes."

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Secret Executioner

@AlbertV I wonder if the box-office revenues will decide which franchise will get a fifth episode... Or maybe they won't care and both will, seeing John Wick looks bound to keep going and Matrix is to get an EU.

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
On 10/17/2019 at 6:10 PM, DragonClaws said:

Some site's are saying that actress Jessica Henwick(Iron Fist), is in talks to play one of the main character's in the new sequel or re-boot.

MV5BYTk2NmFjNzQtYTNiNy00ODk5LWE4NGUtZTFj

Edited just now by DragonClaws

I could see her as a younger version of the original trilogy's female lead. Are we going for a prequel on Neo's companions ?

• Like 2