Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (2024) - Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Bronson Pinchot

AlbertV

After years of developmental hell, including a proposed sequel series, Eddie Murphy announced that after he wraps up filming Coming 2 America, he will return one more time as Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop 4.He said in an interview with Collider

“Yeah that’s what we’re doing after Coming to America 2. We’re doing Beverly Hills Cop and then the plan is to get back on stage and do standup. That’s what I’ll be doing mostly is standup. These movies and Saturday Night Live it’s kind of like…I’m looking at it as a bookend. If I decided I wanted to stay on the couch forever, I ended it on a funny note.”

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

Beverly Hills Cop 4 I could take or leave but new standup is very, very exciting! Raw in particular is an amazing standup set that I rewatch regularly and it still makes me laugh.

• Like 1

Movie which should have been made long time ago...not sure at all murphy will do well at old age as rough turbojokes cop...but definitely looking forward to it anyway!

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I don't know which is the worst idea, Coming to America 2 or Beverley Hills Cop 4. With that said, I'll definitely watch both of them. In fact, when it comes to my friends and I, I'm the only person I know what likes the third Beverley Hills Cop installment. I used to rent it all the time growing up.

While I don't think Eddie's lost his comedic skills, does he still have action chops? Then again, Martin Lawrence is still shooting the hell out of everything in sight in Bad Boys 3.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I don't know which is the worst idea, Coming to America 2 or Beverley Hills Cop 4. With that said, I'll definitely watch both of them. In fact, when it comes to my friends and I, I'm the only person I know what likes the third Beverley Hills Cop installment. I used to rent it all the time growing up.

While I don't think Eddie's lost his comedic skills, does he still have action chops? Then again, Martin Lawrence is still shooting the hell out of everything in sight in Bad Boys 3.

I actually liked BHC3 also...the funniest is when he was undercover as the mascot Okie Dokie and he gets punched by the kid and he mumbles "oh you little mother***ker, im going to kick your a**!"

Martin Lawrence also recently earned his blue belt in Taekwondo, a few years back.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Paramount has licensed Netflix to produce the fourth Beverly Hills Cop film and it was official that both Eddie Murphy, who had announced he will be making the film after work on Coming 2 America ends, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be returning on the film. The deal will allow Paramount to get revenue for the film while Netflix does have a title with a big star, now that Murphy got his comeback with the recent Dolemite is My Name, another Netflix original. 

http://darkhorizons.com/netflix-to-produce-beverly-hills-cop-4/

• Like 2

argggh, I'd love for a Beverley Hills, if it was gonna be good, but we all know that Hollywood is going around flamethrowering any franchise they see, so not excited, all I feel is dread.

Then I see Netflix is involved. DONE!!!

• Like 2

Cognoscente

I'm not sure how a part four would work. During the making of the threequel, Eddie was acting up because he felt like he had outgrown the character.

• Like 2

Mark Molloy has been tapped to direct Beverly Hills Cop 4, replacing the duo of Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah. The duo left the project to work on the recently completed Batgirl for DC and HBOMax. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/beverly-hills-cop-4-mark-molloy-to-direct-netflix-1235127437/

• Like 2

Cognoscente

I wish that Reginald Hudlin was hired instead. He directed Eddie in Boomerang and was even once considered as a choice to direct Jackie Chan's Highbinders.

• Like 2

Shooting has official begun a few weeks ago and will now be called Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. The film will exclusively go to Netflix with Mark Molloy directing from a script by Will Beall. Not only is Murphy returning as Axel Foley, but Judge Reinhold is back as Rosewood, John Ashton is back as Taggart, Bronson Pinchot as Serge, and Paul Reiser is returning as the bumbling Jeffrey, Axel's "cover man" in Detroit. 

The Toxic Avenger reboot's Taylour Paige is joining alongside Joseph Gordon-Levitt on the new film, which sees Axel learning that after the death of an old friend, heads back to Beverly Hills where he reunites with his daughter and joins forces with her ex-boyfriend to investigate corruption within the force. 

https://moviehole.net/john-ashton-is-back-as-taggart-for-beverly-hills-cop-axel-f/

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 11:11 AM, AlbertV said:

Not going to lie, that actually looks pretty good. I need to watch the rest of them again so I can get ready for this one. 

Drunken Monk

New trailer. Lot of vehicle based stuff, it seems... 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

New trailer. Lot of vehicle based stuff, it seems... 

Looks solid! I'll say... at least most of the "car stuff" seems practical so that's already a huge positive for me.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
5 hours ago, laagi said:

Looks solid! I'll say... at least most of the "car stuff" seems practical so that's already a huge positive for me.

It looks like a John Wi.........wait..........Michael Bay...............wait............whatever the 'movie' is type of film.

It looks far better then I was expecting though I noticed his more comical voice pop out at times which I don't like. This ain't the Klumps.

I do love Serge so it'll be fun seeing him back.

eddie-murphy-axel.gif

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk

I haven't watched this clip yet because I'm trying to avoid all spoilers. But for those that want it... 

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I haven't watched this clip yet because I'm trying to avoid all spoilers. But for those that want it... 

Yup going to avoid this. Had to learn the hard way (once again) that a trailer nowadays pretty much can ruin the best moments in a movie. Looking at you 'Bad Boys: 4 Life... I mean Ride or Die'.

An overall decent effort mainly living from Eddie Murphy's performance and plenty of nostalgia!

Let's get something out of the way Eddie Murhpy has gotten old. That's just a fact and a fate ultimately none of us can escape.

But when it comes to legacy characters there's just no denying it's really starting to show! Still I was happy to see Axel Foley back on the screen one last time. I sincerely hope it will be a send-off for good.

Definitely better than part 3 'BHC: Axel F' still suffers from an incredibly weak story. There's zero surprise let alone suspense here. You can all see it coming a mile away! Worse even every step of the way "things" just fall into Axel's lap; at times even literally.

Fortunately most of the comedy still works so does the relationship with his daughter portrayed by Taylour Paige which in my opinion gave the best performance from the supporting-cast.

It's probably one of the better returns of a beloved character, Jesus it's a masterpiece compared to 'Coming 2 America'! If you love Axel or Eddie I'm confident you'll enjoy this. For everyone else it's light entertainment for a night at home.

• Like 2