Most annoying character or actor in Kung Fu

Graeme Of Death

23 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

And not only the mole, but in addition to it a loooong hair in it !! :monk_laughing:

This is thought to be a sign of good luck. The longer the hair the more luck you'll have. Strange to us, but maybe carrying around a severed rabbit's foot is weird too. :monk_smh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, rdenn said:

find this actor quite annoying and creepy

He was so despicable in 36 deadly styles !

On 6/3/2020 at 3:51 PM, Gaijin84 said:

Personally, James Yi annoyed the heck out of me in every film. Doesn't help that he starred in one of the worst films I've ever sat through - The Crazy Instructor / Snake Fist Dynamo.

image-original.jpg?1519982099

Oh God, yeah! Him and Shek would be in my top five worst kung fu actors ever. 

• Like 4

On 6/5/2020 at 4:18 PM, rdenn said:

was worse in dragon and the hero

Yeah the man was a freak in that movie,  sticking his tongue out repeatedly and laying on his back having some kinda spasms. And wasn't he eating bugs too? It was like he was on a bad acid trip.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 10:34 PM, Graeme Of Death said:

However,  I was watching Executioners From Shaolin again and this fella definitely gives Dean a run for his money

portrait-heroes-of-the-east-cheng-hong-y

He spends the first 3rd of the film rather creepily obsessed with Chen Kuan Tai going to bed with his new wife and if I remember correctly plays a similar character in Heroes of the East where he is rather fixated on Gordon Lui's Japanese wife.

That's Cheng Hong Yip.  He has a rather nice role as Chen Kuan Tai's faithful friend in Boxer from Shantung (1972). Seeing "Executioners" was done five yrs later in 77, maybe he felt entitled to Chen Kuan Tai's new wife; failing that he decided to try Lau Kar Fai's main squeeze a year later.....just kidding.

• Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, CT KID said:

Whimpy, sissy Paul Wei in Way of the Dragon was irritating and had some jacked up teeth. Funny thing is word was he was quite the ladie's man in real life.

Ah! Someone beat me to this.  I just wanted Bruce to slap the living daylights out of him in the film. 

As for Dean Shek, he doesn't annoy me as much as he just looks creepy.  Just based on his looks, I would not trust him babysitting a child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Funny thing is I think I had mixed up Paul Wei with Barney Fife himself, Don Knotts, who in fact was quite the ladies man in real life. :laugh

• Like 3

Waste him Bruce...please, just do it!

Ds7MI5qXcAA2wyO.jpg

• Like 1

Wong Ching has played some really annoying characters as well.  Like Fung Hak-On he has a look fit for villains.

the-bloody-escape-wang-ching_5edf20270935eab35da2a22fabaf237c.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, morpheus said:

Wong Ching has played some really annoying characters as well.  Like Fung Hak-On he has a look fit for villains.

the-bloody-escape-wang-ching_5edf20270935eab35da2a22fabaf237c.jpg

Ain't that the truth, him along with guys like Chiang Tao just had that slimy, evil look that made you believe they were capable of anything. And you have to give them credit for playing their parts so well and making the heroes look so good when they got their asses kicked by them.

• Like 3

Duel to the Death
On 6/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, Graeme Of Death said:

What's the deal with the massive moles? Do Chinese people actually sport these facial accessories?

On 6/4/2020 at 11:26 AM, ShawAngela said:

And not only the mole, but in addition to it a loooong hair in it !! :monk_laughing:

On 6/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, Josh Baker said:

Oh yeah forgot about that part, it's so wantonly disgusting I don't understand how it would be funny😂

On 6/5/2020 at 10:54 AM, Gaijin84 said:

This is thought to be a sign of good luck. The longer the hair the more luck you'll have. Strange to us, but maybe carrying around a severed rabbit's foot is weird too. :monk_smh:

I was listening to the Commentary for Knockabout and Bey Logan talks about the moles :D

Video should start at 4:24

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU

Lo Wei hogging screen time in Fist of Fury was ultra annoying. Personally, I think he saw the reaction to the Big Boss and inserted himself into the process whenever he could. You could cut almost all his scenes and they wouldn't be missed. The movie would be shorter, but it sure would be better.

But for all time it Kwok Choi Hon, he's worse then that asshole that does the cross eyed thing (and no, I'm not going to look him up). His whole "I fell in shit! Dur!" style of humor is super annoying. There was that Restless Cricket movie with him as the star and there was no goddamn way I was going to spend weeks working on that to sub it, etc. Lost classic? It can stay lost!

• Like 3

Graeme Of Death
2 hours ago, Duel to the Death said:

I was listening to the Commentary for Knockabout and Bey Logan talks about the moles :D

Video should start at 4:24

What kind of deviant would keep a hairy mole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ShaOW!linDude

Maggie Cheung in Jackie Chan's Police Story movies drives me berserk. I always want her character to get killed off. Listening to act in those is like death by whining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@ShaOW!linDude I definitely agree about Maggie Cheung in Police Story.

Honestly, Dean Shek doesnt bother me, dare I say I even get a kick out of him. I don’t go looking for movies featuring Dean Shek, but I appreciate him for what he is I guess. He’s also had some times where he shows some surprisingly good fighting ability.

I’m sure I’ve posted this next part somewhere on the forum before... 

John Liu just grinds my gears. I think he’s pretty lame and is a one trick (or one kick...) pony. Most of all, his face has always annoyed me.

I’ve also heard he was a bit of a scum bag as a person, although I have no idea where that claim came from, or proof of it. But it gives me a better reason to dislike him than his face annoying me, so I’ll take it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Maggie Cheung in Jackie Chan's Police Story movies drives me berserk. I always want her character to get killed off. Listening to act in those is like death by whining.

She played a rather annoying character in Heroic Trio as well.  Her pretty looks sort of make me forget -or rather excuse- her role.

PvYlwST3yU_x-UIIM6Nqdfr3vIlnu70FAgVUPEUuxKatw3XRdd3G-wcTK2tZxphvmWTd2LFv0D4aWGhzhBvE.jpg

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 3

Duel to the Death

This girl from Brave Archer 2. I decided to look her up and Holy Smokes. I seen some naughty pictures :lipssealed So maybe i should be praising her for doing such a good job playing an annoying character and something way different than her skin flicks. :coveredlaugh

0jNUdWL.gif

• Like 2

Funny discusion,  you guys made a really good work digging for annoying actors and their performances when you all knew that Dean Shek was the winner even before this thread was open! lol

Besides Him, I also make a place for ALL kids in Kung Fu movies lol  i hate when little kids are kicking grown men's asses lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, edher_M.A. said:

Funny discusion,  you guys made a really good work digging for annoying actors and their performances when you all knew that Dean Shek was the winner even before this thread was open! lol

Besides Him, I also make a place for ALL kids in Kung Fu movies lol  i hate when little kids are kicking grown men's asses lol

I loved it Revenge of the Ninja :) Kane Kosugi was hilariously badass

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Josh Baker said:

I loved it Revenge of the Ninja :) Kane Kosugi was hilariously badass

Oh Oh, i forgot about him... i was thinking more about the kids in Kung Fu movies of the 70's.  Kane Kosugi rocks...now his brother Shane on the other hand lol 

• Like 2