Most annoying character or actor in Kung Fu

Graeme Of Death

Yeah I have to defend Dean Shek. His characters for the most part are written to be annoying/creepy/general antagonist, and as such he delivers his performances beautifully. In Drunken Master for example, just the right level of being a bastard. Master Rocking despite how ridiculous it is, always makes me laugh, and lets face it, if he couldn't hack the fight sequences then he wouldn't have worked for long, but as it is (I don't know if he was trained as Sammo etc were but he always looks the part when fighting onscreen anyway)

Most annoying character in a kung fu film? Hm. Can I vote for Chris Tucker in the Rush Hour movies?

• Like 4

Wei Ping Ao often plays the Chinese traitor to his country or his village working for the Japanese or for the bandits, such as in the Shaws' Downhill They Ride...It's not only in Bruce Lee's movies, but I'm sure that many people here know that.

• Like 3

Secret Executioner
1 hour ago, SamSeed said:

Most annoying character in a kung fu film? Hm. Can I vote for Chris Tucker in the Rush Hour movies?

I second this suggestion.

• Like 3

On 9/27/2019 at 11:34 AM, Graeme Of Death said:

However,  I was watching Executioners From Shaolin again and this fella definitely gives Dean a run for his money

portrait-heroes-of-the-east-cheng-hong-y

He imo is not most annoying character in movie, but someone in this scene is. Hint; it`s not Lo Lieh...

• Like 3

TheKungFuRobber
On 10/24/2019 at 9:05 PM, CT KID said:

Whimpy, sissy Paul Wei in Way of the Dragon was irritating and had some jacked up teeth. Funny thing is word was he was quite the ladie's man in real life.

I was almost certain Wei Ping Ao was gay, and said in an interview had been openly gay for a long time and Bruce Lee knew of it too. Maybe he's bisexual.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I was almost certain Wei Ping Ao was gay, and said in an interview had been openly gay for a long time and Bruce Lee knew of it too. Maybe he's bisexual.

Well damn, you might be right then. I  thought I had read somewhere years ago that he was a womanizer but it may have been someone that played an effeminate part similar to him and I got them mixed up. He had to have been playing a gay character in WOTD though lol. 

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 4:34 AM, Graeme Of Death said:

Now, I'm sure the much maligned Dean Shek will get a good few votes. I'd give him top marks for Master Rocking in The Odd Couple, he's almost unbearable to watch in that one.

280full.jpg

However,  I was watching Executioners From Shaolin again and this fella definitely gives Dean a run for his money

portrait-heroes-of-the-east-cheng-hong-y

He spends the first 3rd of the film rather creepily obsessed with Chen Kuan Tai going to bed with his new wife and if I remember correctly plays a similar character in Heroes of the East where he is rather fixated on Gordon Lui's Japanese wife.

So which actors or characters make you want to scratch your eyes out?

I kinda liked this guy in Executioners From Shaolin cause he was a loyal buddy to Hung Sze Kwon and sacrificed his life to save him and help him get away from  Bei Mei.

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Here is an interview he did some years ago before he sadly passed away.

I never knew he was gay in real life,  that explains alot about his character in the movie. Guess he was just acting natural  and not trying to exaggerate in WOTD, although the guy that did the voice for him in the English version seemed to be trying to. He was good at playing weasley characters that made people dislike and loathe him like in Fist of Fury so he  did his job well. Sorry to hear he passed away, thanks for posting the video.

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 5

On 10/28/2019 at 1:02 AM, CT KID said:

Guess he was just acting natural  and not trying to exaggerate in WOTD, although the guy that did the voice for him in the English version seemed to be trying to.

I think he's playing it over the top, and that's how Bruce Lee wanted him to be?. He was certainly a great actor, and perhaps the best one among the Way of The Dragon cast?. As charismatic as Bruce Lee was, he didnt steal the limelight from Paul Wei Ping-Ao. When he was sharing screen time with him.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I think he's playing it over the top, and that's how Bruce Lee wanted him to be?. He was certainly a great actor, and perhaps the best one among the Way of The Dragon cast?. As charismatic as Bruce Lee was, he didnt steal the limelight from Paul Wei Ping-Ao. When he was sharing screen time with him.

Now that I think about it DC, I believe you're right  Bruce probably wanted him to flame it up and had the wardrobe guy dress bim up in those flamboyant outfits and scarves too. He played the part well and probably had the HK audience both irritated/annoyed and openly laughing at his performance.

Edited by CT KID
Spelling error
  • Like 2

Duel to the Death

This character from Prodigal Son annoys me so much. The dubbed voice makes it so much worse. 

MV5BNDRjMWU0Y2QtMzNmNi00Y2JlLTliMDktNmEz

• Like 3

Personally, James Yi annoyed the heck out of me in every film. Doesn't help that he starred in one of the worst films I've ever sat through - The Crazy Instructor / Snake Fist Dynamo.

image-original.jpg?1519982099

• Like 3

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, Gaijin84 said:

Personally, James Yi annoyed the heck out of me in every film

I agree.

However, I saw him playing a very different role and playing it well in a TVB movie with Adam Cheng called Jail, part of Episodic Drama IX (if I'm not mistaken on the number ; maybe it 's VII).

• Like 4

Josh Baker

Any character with an overly sized comically stuck on mole in a Kung Fu Movie and I know I'm in for a rocky ride...

• Like 3

Graeme Of Death

What's the deal with the massive moles? Do Chinese people actually sport these facial accessories?

• Like 3

ShawAngela
16 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

an overly sized comically stuck on mole

And not only the mole, but in addition to it a loooong hair in it !! :monk_laughing:

• Like 5

Josh Baker
51 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

And not only the mole, but in addition to it a loooong hair in it !! :monk_laughing:

Oh yeah forgot about that part, it's so wantonly disgusting I don't understand how it would be funny😂

• Like 4

AlexanderFu

Benny Tsui was the worst for me, luckily he was only in a few films.

Dean Shek was pretty good in The Black Tavern, not like his horrible roles later on 

• Like 4

shukocarl1441996347

Usually any whiny kid that's prominently featured in a film  is the most annoying character.  I suppose it's the dub that does it. I wanted to side-kick the kid in Edge of Fury into Hong Kong Harbour!

Oh and Han Kwok Choi in anything!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ShawAngela

I sometimes would like to slap Doris Lung in some movies when she plays the annoying girls ! Maybe it's also because of the subbing, as it's mentioned in the above post...

• Like 2