Need Your Expert Help to Identify Movie

mudhen5

Hello Kung Fu Fandom Brothers! So glad to see that martial arts fandom is alive and well here. Great site and lots of great info.

I need help identifying a movie. It's been so long I don't even recall the actor in it, maybe David Chiang? Just a guess. I'll keep the description short as to not bore you. So here it goes:

I think a family was killed, leaving only a surviving child. He was taken in by monks in a temple (Shaolin?) There he grew up and learned martial arts. The day came where he was an adult and leaves the temple to find his parents killer. He fought with an umbrella and had a bamboo holder for coins in which he threw with amazing accuracy. When he finally meets up with the big boss the boss has this armored gown of gold coins under his clothes. He was able to take this off his armor and throw it like a boomerang. 

I appreciate all your feedback. Thank you

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's definitely the film Dynasty starring Tan Tao Liang.  This film was released in 3-D and was shown on TV in the early 80s and you could get the 3-D glasses at the local 7-11s. 

Archived