Cobra returns?

Tex Killer

"

At the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year, Sylvester Stallone had announced early plans to revive the 1986 action film Cobra in the form of a “streaming TV series.” Stallone of course played Marion Cobretti in the R-rated movie, a tough-on-crime street cop who must protect the only surviving witness to a strange murderous cult with far reaching plans.

In a new chat with Fandango while out promoting Rambo: Last Blood (arriving in theaters this Friday!), Stallone informs us that he’s actually developing the project with Robert Rodriguez!

“I’m talking with Robert Rodriguez right now about Cobra, which looks like that could happen,” Stallone told the site.

“It’s basically his baby now,” Stallone added, again noting that the idea is to turn Cobra into a TV series rather than bring the character back to life on the big screen.

Fandango notes that the potential project could very well be for Rodriguez’s El Rey Network, which is merely an educated guess at this point – but probably a pretty good one

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3583990/sylvester-stallone-talking-robert-rodriguez-bringing-cobra-back-life/

I guess that is good news, but there should have been sequel to Cobra movie long time ago. I guess maybe rights to character was issue or so as sly been doing  rocky, rambo + expendables several times...?

If serie arrives hopefully at last directors cut of Cobra will become available then also...

Oops, please moderator remove this to Tv-series.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

If serie arrives hopefully at last directors cut of Cobra will become available then also...

We can dream.

14 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

At the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year, Sylvester Stallone had announced early plans to revive the 1986 action film Cobra in the form of a “streaming TV series.” Stallone of course played Marion Cobretti in the R-rated movie, a tough-on-crime street cop who must protect the only surviving witness to a strange murderous cult with far reaching plans.

It will be interesting to see how Robert Rodriguez put's his stamp on this character. Which I feel got a little lost among all the Rocky & Rambo sequels in the 80's. The MPAA hacking it apart didn't help matter's either.

Archived