ShawAngela

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:
On 9/15/2019 at 6:25 PM, ShawAngela said:

Five golden dragon with Roy Chiao

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/193096301886?ul_noapp=true

Just recorded a screening of this movie from U.K T.V, purely because of the Hong Kong connection and Christopher Lee of course.

I'll wait for your views on this movie, then...

14 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I'll post my thoughts on the forum when I do eventually sit down to watch it. My movie viewing has been halfed over the last few month's.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:26 PM, ShawAngela said:

I stillhavent watched this one yet @ShawAngela, how I did stumble upon this and thought it might interest you. I'm not sure if any significent Hong Kong actress's/actors, appeared in this 26 episode series?.

five-golden-dragons-11425l.jpg

Cutting a long dull story short, my Sky Box only partially recorded Five Golden Dragon's(1967). It screened on the U.K Retro movies channel, which for some reason get's a weak signal where I live. Anyway, points of interest are Klaus Kinski in a supporting role. Alongside the late great Roy Chiao. With a guest appearance by Japanese singer Yukari Ito(Double Trouble). Also watch out for very familiar looking actor who always played a snitch, in the Shaw Brothers movies. Who can be spotted doing some spying on the docks, during the opening credits. Lot of on location shots of the rapidly changing 1960's Hong Kong. There's so little traffic on many of the now overly busy roads. From what I got to see of it, I might pick up the DVD release below. There's also a Blu-Ray release from Blue Underground, where its paired up with another Christopher Lee, Klaus Kinski film Circus of Fear(1966). Both written by British writer Edgar Wallace, who created the story for groundbreaking King Kong(1933).

Edgar Wallace first's-

- Wallace was the first British crime novelist to use policemen as his protagonists, rather than amateur sleuths as most other writers of the time did. Most of his novels are independent stand-alone stories; he seldom used series heroes, and when he did he avoided a strict story order, so that continuity was not required from book to book.

- On 6 June 1923, Edgar Wallace became the first British radio sports reporter, when he made a report on The Derby for the British Broadcasting Company, the newly founded predecessor of the BBC.

Five-Golden-Dragons.jpg

A1DcomARTGL._SX342_.jpg

Archived