Debt Collectors (aka. the Debt Collector 2, Payday 2, with Scott Adkins & Louis Mandylor)

Drunken Monk

20 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Jesse Johnson has just confirmed this has wrapped. I didn’t even know it was being made. Both lead actors return.

This one's not even listed on Scott Adkin's IMDB page, great news in regards to the sequel getting made.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 6:03 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Jesse Johnson has just confirmed this has wrapped. I didn’t even know it was being made. Both lead actors return.

EF757591-9FDE-485D-9AD8-3B71CD19AD27.jpeg

I knew Jesse was developing it when he told me during my interview with him for Avengement. But this was a surprise that he already was shooting it :) can't wait to Sue and French's next adventure. 

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

It hits streaming on platforms May 15th. Hopefully we’ll eat some sort of trailer sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

I saw this, it was good but I thought the first one was better.

If you're looking for great fights though there is no need to worry, there are plenty of them. Scott Adkins & Louis Mandylor work really well together as was the case in the first movie.

I'm really liking this Jesse V Johnson / Scott Adkins vibe they have going. Hopefully they continue making those!

• Like 2

I actually enjoyed this one better than the 1st one. Lots more action and the chemistry between Adkins and Mandylor is still there and at times amped up because if you see from the trailer,  they even go to blows against each other. It's another wild ride! 

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

If anyone is thinking of skipping this one, I advise against it. This is a GREAT movie. The chemistry is fun, the script is razor sharp and the action is great; even better than the first film. It does suffer from a few minor hiccups here and there but they're utterly forgivable. You know, like a bad actor here and there, obvious budget constraints (especially in the movie's one shootout).
Otherwise, this is top notch stuff. The Adkins/Mandylor fight is one of my favorites of this year for sure (so far).

• Like 5

On 6/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, Drunken Monk said:

If anyone is thinking of skipping this one, I advise against it. This is a GREAT movie. The chemistry is fun, the script is razor sharp and the action is great; even better than the first film. It does suffer from a few minor hiccups here and there but they're utterly forgivable. You know, like a bad actor here and there, obvious budget constraints (especially in the movie's one shootout).
Otherwise, this is top notch stuff. The Adkins/Mandylor fight is one of my favorites of this year for sure (so far).

Funnily enough, I looked back on my comments on the first film and I quoted you then to say I agree with every word. It's the same here. In fact I'd go so far as to say that this is better than the first film. The action is top notch, with the John Carpenter They Live homage alley brawl being the highlight. I love how both Adkins and Mandylor aren't afraid to take a lot of punishment. I also really liked how their relationship developed. The scene in the hotel room where they talk openly to each other was so refreshing. You hardly ever see men in these kinds of films be emotionally vulnerable.

However my criticism also mirrors the first film - the shootout is awful. And I don't mean badly shot, I mean awful to the extent it insults your intelligence. Five machine guns spraying around a tiny bar, people either take too long to get hit or miraculously don't get hit at all.

• Like 5

This is now on Netflix in the US. I enjoyed the first film, but thought this one was just okay. Paper thin plot and only a couple of fight scenes. The shootout finale is terrible too. A big step back from the first film and especially Avengement. 

Edited by udar55
  • Like 5

NoKUNGFUforYU

My wife kept saying this is stupid, and I had to agree. A few bright moments and good fights, but a film about a couple of morons having a bromance, basically.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

A little late to the party on this one, but like @SamSeed, @Drunken Monk, @AlbertV, for me this hit all of the right notes!

I gave it the full review treatment over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/debt-collectors-2020-review-debt-collector-2-ii-sequel-scott-adkins/

On 6/17/2020 at 3:14 AM, KCN9NE said:

Waiting for the double feature Blu Ray that contains both films that releases in September! 

Tempting! In what country?

• Like 6

Undoubtedly the chemistry between Adkins and Mandylor keeps this from falling apart. Other than that there's really not a lot of redeeming feature to this movie. A short bar fight in the beginning and a mediocre brawl at a boxing gym towards the middle are about the only worth mentioning action scenes. Yeah there is a "big" shootout at the end but seriously how many times can guys with machine guns or assault rifles miss their target at close range :dull Also I can only hear a wanna be bad ass scream "Yeah motherfu*ker, c'mon..." so many times. Skip this one and if you haven't already check out Avengement instead.

• Like 4

Watched this on Netflix last night. I will say it's a step up from the first one. The fights are a little better as Adkins' bootwork gets more use, and I thought his acting in this was better, too. I enjoyed his little spiel to the tough guy at the boxing gym during the second collection. That was good stuff. Off course the alley brawl between French & Sue is not a short sell. I kept waiting for it to get interrupted in some way. But it gets to play out and it's pretty brutal.

The plot is still pretty trite. And you know nobody wants to just return the money owed. Some of the dialogue is standard yah-yah-ing. It gets old. But between Adkins' accent, which gets really thick at times, and Mandylor's clipped delivery of grunting, I thought about watching this with the subs turned on.

Overall, I wasn't disappointed, but it's still a "meh" kind of movie. Just don't get why many folks think this and the first one were so good.

I still don't find Adkins' films under Johnson to quite be up to snuff, preferring his films with Florentine. Here's the difference to me: Adkins + Johnson = action film with martial arts; Adkins + Florentine = martial arts film with action.

• Like 4

On 9/17/2020 at 5:50 AM, laagi said:

Undoubtedly the chemistry between Adkins and Mandylor keeps this from falling apart. Other than that there's really not a lot of redeeming feature to this movie. A short bar fight in the beginning and a mediocre brawl at a boxing gym towards the middle are about the only worth mentioning action scenes. Yeah there is a "big" shootout at the end but seriously how many times can guys with machine guns or assault rifles miss their target at close range :dull Also I can only hear a wanna be bad ass scream "Yeah motherfu*ker, c'mon..." so many times. Skip this one and if you haven't already check out Avengement instead.

It was a Germany release. It was set up for late September. I found it on amazon in Germany. I wanna order it but have no idea how to navigate amazon with all German language 🤷🏿‍♂️ How do you guys order these from other countries?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 10/2/2020 at 12:53 AM, KCN9NE said:

It was a Germany release. It was set up for late September. I found it on amazon in Germany. I wanna order it but have no idea how to navigate amazon with all German language 🤷🏿‍♂️ How do you guys order these from other countries?

Just load it through Google Chrome and have it translate the page to English.

• Like 1