Martial Gathering's: Worldwide Martial Art's Movie Events

DragonClaws

Here's the place to share any news regarding Conventions, Screenings, Meet & Greet;s and Demonstrations. Or any other Martial Art related public event. It doesnt matter which part of the world it's taking place, you post about it here in this thread. To share it with fellow fans' from around the world. Thought this would at least save me from creating a seperate thread for each show.

A shout out to Kung Fu Movie Guide's Ben Johnson, for posting this on his social media pages.

Only a few day's left to go before this U.K show.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A kung fu film festival is showing Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan classics in Edinburgh

Link- https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/best-in-edinburgh/whats-on-news/kung-fu-film-festival-showing-16859411

What's showing at the Kung Fu Festival

Mon 16th Sep - Enter The Dragon (18) + Q&A
Tue 17th Sep - Shaolin Soccer (12)
Wed 18th Sep - Hero (12)
Thu 19th Sep - Kung Fu Hustle (15)
Fri 20th Sep - Wolf Warrior 2 (15)
Sat 21st Sep - Drunken Master (15) + Q&A
Sun 22nd Sep - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (12) + Q&A

Sat 21st Sep - White Crane Scotland: Introductory Martial Arts Class
Sun 22nd Sep - Suffrajitsu introductory class

image.png

Fantastic thread created by fellow Kung Fu Fandom member @KenHashibe regarding the New Beverly Cinema's Kung Fu movie screening's.

BEVERLY-1-SC36-Article-Photos.jpg

I went to the New Beverly Cinema last night to watch two Bruceploitation films: SOUL BROTHERS OF KUNG FU (1977) directed by Hua Shan and THE IMAGE OF BRUCE LEE (1978) directed by Richard Yeung Kuen. SOUL BROTHERS OF KUNG FU was a lot of fun. It had a decent story and very creative and exciting fight scenes. The film was followed by a surprise Q&A with CARL SCOTT which was awesome! The Q&A with him was very entertaining and insightful, and he seems like a really nice guy. I wish I had asked to take a picture. After that was THE IMAGE OF BRUCE LEE which I thought was repetitive and kinda dull (though it has its moments). But, hey, I still got to see a great kung fu movie and I got to see one of its stars in person! Another great night at the New Beverly!

53395638_1773224012779644_79988440091028

Source- https://deskgram.cc/p/1999170428404729011_6063050210

Chu Liu Hsiang

Come on, someone invent that Star Trek Transporter system quickly. Please!

https://www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/CulturalService/HKFA/en_US/web/hkfa/programmesandexhibitions/programmes/weaponry/index.html

Multifarious Arrays of Weaponry in Hong Kong Cinema

While Hong Kong kungfu flicks are known for its robust punchiness in hand-to-hand combat, one cannot help but amazed by the flashy bloodiness of swords and blades in the wuxia genre. Visitors will have the chance to see up close Bruce Lee's nunchaku, Sek Kin's spear, Kwan Tak-hing's whip, Jackie Chan's paper fan, and of course, the infamous flying guillotine. In the coming exhibition, martial art choreographers and film experts will also unravel the intricacy behind designing a perfect fight scene using a wide array of weapons. The new chapter of Morning Matinee will at the same time showcase 16 kungfu and wuxia films, transporting the audience into the breath taking world of weaponry in Hong Kong cinema.

Exhibition

Date: 13/12/2019 - 8/3/2020
Venue: Exhibition Hall, Hong Kong Film Archive
Free Admission

They had such an event in Switzerland years ago. Budo Gala it was called. Some Names in attendance included Bolo Yeung, JCVD, Jon Foo and others I've honestly forgotten. What stuck with me was that at the time JCVD was in terrible shape. I would go as far as saying he was piss drunk that night when he finally got on stage. Mumbling about his life and showing some kicks while holding on to a chair. It was a sad sight! Bolo talked about Bruce Lee and showed a Tai Chi Form. Jon Foo showed of some of his stunt work with his team. Pretty impressive stuff. Overall the show was pretty disappointing. First and last time for me. So many fans were pissed off that night. They even promised us free tickets later on for the next show which should have featured among others JC. Guess what... It never happened!

Archived