The Restless

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

Catched this one at Fantasia in Montreal yesterday. It was a bit of a let down... For me, the only thing that really stands out in the movie are the sets wich are really nice. From the first city in Midheaven to the one were the final confrontation takes place everything was top notch. As for the rest...:rolleyes First the fight choreography was, well, hard to judge since it was virtually impossible to figure out what was going on... I hate those directors that just can't seem to figure out how to direct a fight sequence. It's all quick cuts, badly put together and shot from to close. It's creating the illusion that something exciting is hapenning but you can't see @#%$! The final fight against the horde of demons was better (probably due to the use of a stunt double) but still not enough to make up for the rest. The story had potential , but the background story of the Chuhyongdae (a team of demon slayers from wich the hero and the "bad guys" are from) felt rush, compare to the time spend on the love story, a cheesy one, wich gets more than it's share of the film's lenght. To bad because the openning scene had a nice mood with the falling rain at night and the slaying of demons... Well to sum things up, an average effort from Korea, wich just can't seem to grasp the wuxia pian... I wouldn't go to too much trouble to see this one... 5/10

The Amazing Psycho Per:evil

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived