My Hitman in the Hand of Buddha Restoration is Complete!

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

It's finished, and fully subtitled. Releasing on the Internet Archive later today. Releasing a 2K MKV, which is H.264/ACC at 35MBps with Mandarin soundtrack and accurately translated English subtitles, and a Blu Ray compatible 1080p MKV. The print is glass and fully remastered to the best standards possible given the condition of the materials.

DVD edition will be coming soon, which will include all the special features.

Links will be posted at about 3AM Tuesday UK time..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKungFuRobber

Film should be available to download now. I still need to add a description to the page, and Archive.org is still in the process of creating a streamable version for the page. Download the MKV and the SRT files for the best quality.

TheKungFuRobber
16 minutes ago, clanarchy said:

Look forward to checking this out. Massive thanks for the effort in getting this project finished. 

Enjoy. Picture quality wise, it is almost like a Celestial restoration aside from the grain and film dust.

54 minutes ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Enjoy. Picture quality wise, it is almost like a Celestial restoration aside from the grain and film dust.

Nice...I need to get out of work ASAP today and get downloading!

Obviously seen this film a few times over the years but held off a re-watch recently as I knew this was coming. 

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Download keeps failing a third of the way through for me.

Took me 4hrs or so but it finally just completed.

I've downloaded the torrent but there appears to be no subs? when i click on the subrip option on the link it just goes to text based link? Any ideas?

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

I've downloaded the torrent but there appears to be no subs? when i click on the subrip option on the link it just goes to text based link? Any ideas?

On the main link above. In download options the subs are a separate download. Grab those and put in the same folder as movie file.

@TheKungFuRobber great job with this. Watched all the way through last night. Thanks for sharing!

i saw the subrip folder-won't download for me-when i click on the link instead of getting a download option a text page with the subs on opens up- here's what i get when i click the download button

https://archive.org/download/thekungfurobbershitmaninthehandofbuddharestorationv1/TheKungFuRobber's Hitman in the Hand of Buddha Restoration [V1].srt

TheFlyingPanda

Awesome! love this movie and for some reason I've watched it as many times as Fist of Fury lol. 

Converted this to a blu ray which looks very nice indeed. Unfortunately the white subs end up grey and transparent after the conversion. A shame as they are fine through a PC playing as a file.

NoKUNGFUforYU
4 hours ago, saltysam said:

Converted this to a blu ray which looks very nice indeed. Unfortunately the white subs end up grey and transparent after the conversion. A shame as they are fine through a PC playing as a file.

Go download subtitle edit and save them as .ass files with yellow font.

This is a great effort from KFR, i finally sorted my issue with the subs and now have a very nice blu ray version of this. I have used the eastern heroes DVD for the cover as i have zero cover making skills,hopefully a blu ray custom cover wil appear somewhere!

hitb1.jpg

hitmanb.jpg

Do you think it's possible to add English dub aswell ?

my german english dubbed dvd is 1hour 29 minutes 34 seconds (25fps) and your custom version is 1 hour 30 minutes 43 seconds (24fps)

EDIT: I've decided to try doing a fandub and so far I've synched the first 15 minutes... once it's complete I will probably upload my audio file here.

TheKungFuRobber
4 hours ago, kevenzz said:

Do you think it's possible to add English dub aswell ?

my german english dubbed dvd is 1hour 29 minutes 34 seconds (25fps) and your custom version is 1 hour 30 minutes 43 seconds (24fps)

EDIT: I've decided to try doing a fandub and so far I've synched the first 15 minutes... once it's complete I will probably upload my audio file here.

I was going to do that eventually. Bear in mind that there is a cut part of the English dubbed DVD, which exists on the Tai Seng DVD

The longer print on the German DVD  is taken from the Eastern Heroes edition, which is an improper NTSC to PAL conversion of the Tai Seng DVD. That's why it runs for that long. My version is not cut. The DVD is cut to remove the Ocean Shores logo, and a clip from the Mandarin version is pasted in.

Good luck Kevinz. You saved me a lot more work. I will add the dub to V2 and the blu ray which I need to eventually make.

TheKungFuRobber

Use this version. Theoretically, excluding mastering mistakes and frame cuts it should match almost perfectly to my version.

Thanks, I don't have the tai seng dvd… and also the german English version is cut by 1 minutes 10 seconds approximately.

The part which is cut is the part at 3:08 minutes were the Ocean Shores logo appears…. when Hwang Jang Lee says 'Waiter!'

I guess they bootleged it and decided to cut that part.

I will have to restart my fandub from the begining then…. :)

EDIT: do you think you can send me the .ac3 audio file from the tai seng dvd instead of the compressed audio from YouTube ?

Archived