Bruce Lee Culver City 1967

Ozzie

As you know, I seek out Bruce's past homes and research his time in Los Angeles. I've done Roscomare and Chinatown. They can be seen in previous threads. I shoot photos and compare to photos with Bruce in same location. I went to Culver City this morning. The Van Buren address. It's relatively unchanged.

IMG_20190802_085351823_HDR.jpg

BL1577.jpg.4a429331c41fb2f6096e11e07826f313~2.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
34 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

As you know, I seek out Bruce's past homes and research his time in Los Angeles. I've done Roscomare and Chinatown. They can be seen in previous threads. I shoot photos and compare to photos with Bruce in same location. I went to Culver City this morning. The Van Buren address. It's relatively unchanged.

Hi @Ozzie, I posted the exact same comparison pictures, in the folliwng thread. I just used a less recent picture of the house, from the internet. You must have taken the one you used yourself?. The picture of BL is taken outside the little garage/exstention round the back right.

Ahhhhh... I see. Well, my photo is from this morning. I'm working about a mile from that Van Buren address. The garage on the right is there but the tree is gone and it's all newer concrete. They've redone the building and stucco but it's mostly the same. I love standing there... Thinking. Bruce Lee was an amazing human. He inspired me to be a better person. He was only human. Weakness. Vanity. Etc. But... His motivation and relentless drive inspired. The new Tarantino movie treated his legacy as shit. Bruce wouldn't have said he'd make a "cripple" out of Ali. Tarantino can suck a wall of cocks.  Thanks

DragonClaws
13 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Ahhhhh... I see. Well, my photo is from this morning. I'm working about a mile from that Van Buren address. The garage on the right is there but the tree is gone and it's all newer concrete. They've redone the building and stucco but it's mostly the same. I love standing there... Thinking. Bruce Lee was an amazing human. He inspired me to be a better person. He was only human. Weakness. Vanity. Etc. But... His motivation and relentless drive inspired. The new Tarantino movie treated his legacy as shit. Bruce wouldn't have said he'd make a "cripple" out of Ali. Tarantino can suck a wall of cocks.  Thanks

This is the comparison  image I posted, not taken by me.

IMG_20180622_090859003_HDR.jpg

The whole BL in a Tarantino movie, has done what Warner Borthers wanted it to do . Gain free online publicity for the movie, at first I thought it might have been a fantasy sequence. You know Brad Pitt character dreams of beating up BL, while waiting for his turn on set. He was only human, but the more you learn about the real person. The less you want him to be the unbeatble myth anyway. Most people would have quit the line of work he pursued, after the back injury. For better or worse, he pushed himself harder and further into show business.

Archived