Ku Feng

ShawAngela

1 hour ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I just looked for a gif for another topic and saw there are TONS of Shaw gifs, so I could not resist to put this one here :angel

martial arts parents GIF by Shaw Brothers

Great !! And the text is really accurate !!

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane

Absolute legend and probably the best all-rounder at Shaws in terms of range and skills. Not sure what his martial arts credentials were, if any. But you see him instructing the fresh crop of Shaw hopefuls in screen fighting in the doc Fists of Fire, so obviously he was entrusted to teach on that aspect of it. 

I suddenly wonder... was he ever in a Golden Harvest production? I can't think of any.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I suddenly wonder... was he ever in a Golden Harvest production? I can't think of any.

According to HKMDB Love Me and Dad 1988 (http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=7088&display_set=eng) has Golden Harvest Productions listed as the production company. I also noticed it has Leonard Ho Koon-Cheung and Sir Run Run Shaw as presenters. I'm wondering if this was a collaboration with Shaw Brothers like Painted Faces of the same year.

• Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
2 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

According to HKMDB Love Me and Dad 1988 (http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=7088&display_set=eng) has Golden Harvest Productions listed as the production company. I also noticed it has Leonard Ho Koon-Cheung and Sir Run Run Shaw as presenters. I'm wondering if this was a collaboration with Shaw Brothers like Painted Faces of the same year.

Yeah, looks like a collab... and shot in Canada, so it also goes on my HK films shot outside Asia list :) 

• Like 4

He can still put on a mean scowl.

ku feng.jpg

• Like 5

venomsreviews

Ku Feng is certainly amazing! I thought he was always a great actor, and I haven’t found a movie with him in it that I didn’t like. His character in Avenging Eagle always stuck out to me. He was so believable in his roles and it was easy to really dislike the villains. I recently saw The Devil & the Ghostbuster (1988) and I was surprised to see him in it since I didn’t know much about the movie but he was impressive.

I thought I’d hop on this thread and share something about Ku Feng that I thought was pretty interesting, which I read about in an interview. According to Chen Kuan-Tai, Ku Feng even taught him how to speak Mandarin. 

• Like 2