Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) - Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen

AlbertV

The Sorcerer Supreme will return on May 7, 2021 with a sequel that will be directed once again by Scott Derrickson. Elizabeth Olsen is also going to be in the film.

http://cdn.darkhorizons.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/doctor-strange-sequel-set-for-may-7th-2021.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

I’m a massive fan of the first movie. Love it. But god, that title is horrendous.

The director has suggested that this will be Marvel’s first horror film. I’m interested to see how it plays out.

• Like 2

Director Scott Derrickson and the Sorcerer Supreme at SDCC. Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda Maximoff is going to have a major role in the sequel according to the panel.

MV5BMDA3MmNiMWMtMzc1ZS00YWUwLThmNTEtNTA1

• Like 2

Sad news on the horizon. Director Scott Derrickson has left the project due to the all-too familiar issue of "creative differences". However, it is an amicable split and he will continue on as an executive producer. A replacement is being sought now as Marvel plans to begin production in May.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/derrickson-departs-doctor-strange-sequel/

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
On 7/21/2019 at 7:50 PM, Drunken Monk said:

But god, that title is horrendous.

The director has suggested that this will be Marvel’s first horror film. I’m interested to see how it plays out.

The title feels more like a Multiverse-oriented Family Guy episode or some comedy than horror.

But I think horror should mix well with Strange. And it's about time Marvel did some horror, characters like Dracula and the Mummy (although there would likely be copyright issues for movie versions) exist in the Marvel Universe.

• Like 2

The character of Brother Voodoo (Jericho Drumm), who was an ally to the Doctor and in the comics universe, replaced Strange as Sorcerer Supreme in 2009, is set to appear in the sequel. Casting is ongoing for the role. The only ones confirmed for the sequel are the Doc himself and Scarlet Witch. It is rumored that Nightmare will be the villain of the film, but considering a certain scene, will we see Baron Mordo return as well?

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/01/24/brother-voodoo-doctor-strange-2/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Secret Executioner
On 1/27/2020 at 4:12 PM, AlbertV said:

The only ones confirmed for the sequel are the Doc himself and Scarlet Witch

That gets me interested. I feel the Scarlet Witch has had some great development in the MCU (gotta admit I wasn't too fond of her altered origin, but they used the character really well - I wonder how Quicksilver would have developped had he not died so early on), and I'd love to see more of her. Plus, I feel she'd fit better in a supernatural-oriented movie considering her powers.

On a sidenote, can we get an Avengers movie with the roster teased at the end of Age of Ultron please ? Having War Machine gather Scarlet Witch, Vision and Bucky to fight some big villain (MODOK ? A revived Ultron ?) would be pretty neat - eventually make them the West Coast Avengers so it doesn't feel like everything happens in New York.

• Like 2

Wow, it's been a minute since an update so here we go:

The current WandaVision series, ending next week, is connected to this very film. The new Spider-Man film will also be connected to this film as Doctor Strange will be in it. 

Sam Raimi will be directing the film and the score will be done by the legendary Danny Elfman. Elfman is already working on some pre-music for Marvel to give them a taste of what he's planned for the score. 

The film will be coming out on March 25, 2022. 

https://www.darkhorizons.com/elfman-set-for-raimis-strange-sequel/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

Sam Raimi and Danny Elfman ? Throw in Tobey Maguire and I'll go for the theory this is an excuse for a Spiderman reunion. :bs_coveredlaugh:

I would defiantly watch that. lol I still think Tobey Maguire is the best movie Spiderman. Yeah, the third movie was a fumble, but man those first two movies were gold.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

There seems to be a lot of discourse online about this film but hey, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Those going in expecting clever nuance or layered themes are going to hate it more than likely. Those wanting a spectacle featuring wizards throwing magic fireballs will probably love it. It is wonderfully entertaining.

Sami Raimi really knows how to deliver a superhero movie and this time around he gets to sprinkle it with his horror aesthetic. It works incredibly well. 
I’ve seen some people talking about a muddled plot but it made perfect sense to me. Sure, there are a lot of comic book like mcguffins to get you from one point to another but they make sense in the world of the MCU.

Good fun all around. I didn’t love the mid-credits sequence as it felt a little random and tacked on but Marvel are always setting up their next film so I can’t complain.

I honestly can’t wait to watch this one again.

• Like 4

Pretty enjoyable flick. Better than the first in the lack of overly straightforwardness, if it had been as obvious as the first one I wouldnt have seen it, reason I skipped shang chai, but I hate admitting that to my kung fu bros here lol. But Ill still endlessly watch similarly plotted classic fu flicks forever. Its just the whole sacred magic and artifacts formula feels old in this context that works for me in say 2000s onward jackie flicks lol.

Saw this in 3d, cant even remember the last time I caught something in 3d, actually star wars 2015. The 3d here is far more necessary than that. By the 1/2 or 3/4 into the movie the 3d effect is hardly even noticeable to the point where I kept reminding myself I was watching it in 3d and making sure I tried to take notice of the dimensions of the illusion. 

Really enjoyed the visuals. Wasnt huge on the the possessed lady villain arc, also the giant octopus monster was done better in the suicide squad. 

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

I loved this movie!!! What a great showcase of both the Dr. Strange & Scarlet Witch characters. And the f/x were awesome. Honestly, I believe I preferred this over Spider-Man: No Way Home.

• Like 3

One of the best Marvel movies for me for sure

It is messy a bit but it has lots of flair and an epic villainous performance by Elizabeth Olsen who hams it up to eleven, cementing her as one of the franchise's top villains

Still don't understand why sorcerers are using fake magical martial weapons instead of actual magic, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

Suggested alternative title:         Evil Dead 4: The Doctor and The Witch

• Like 2

Super Ninja

Gotta admit this one did nothing for me. Raimi gave his recognizable touch to this inferior sequel that I can now cross from my watch list and say with certainty I'll never watch it again. 

I can't argue it was a fun one, it's just that I wasn't impressed, moved or crazy entertained. Never was a fan of Raimi's Spiderman movies either to be honest.

• Like 2