Marvel's Blade (2024) - Mahershala Ali

AlbertV

And to think I was just watching him recently in reruns of Crossing Jordan, where he played Dr. Trey Sanders in the first season (2001-2002).  

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I’m reading a lot of people upset about Snipes not reprising the role. Crazy. Snipes is 56 years old.

As for me, I’m more excited for this than any other Marvel movie. Ali is perfect.

• Like 2

Snipes has even sent his support to Ali and told his hardcore fans to chill out.

“To all the DAYWALKERS losing their minds right now, chillaaxx. Although the news comes as a surprise, it’s ALL good. Such is the ‘business’ of ‘entertainment!’ Much peace to the MCU crew – always a fan. Honor and respect to the grandmaster Stan.

Congratulations and Salaam to Mahershala Ali, a beautiful and talented artist whose expressions I look forward to experiencing for many years to come. Inshallah, we will someday work together.

Most importantly to my loyal fans, the incredible outpouring of love is overwhelming. I am grateful for the never-ending support. So, ‘nah fret nah worry, it’s not de end of de story.’’Welcome to the Daywalker Klique.”

• Like 3

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/thor-blood-thunder-shang-chi-marvel-shoot-in-australia-1203280751/  - 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' [what a clunky title] and 'Thor: Love and Thunder' will be shot back to back in Sydney, Australia, beginning with the Shang-Chi movie.  "Pre-production on 'Thor: Love and Thunder' will start in March 2020."

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the first Blade movies. So I hope this one will be at least as good as those. Just please, lets not have Michael B. Jordan as Blade. lol 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, DarthKato said:

Just please, lets not have Michael B. Jordan as Blade. lol 

Bassam.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Blade has already been cast in the form of Mahershala Ali. Today, it was announced that Marvel Studios is in negotiations with Bassam Tariq (left) to direct the film. Stacy Osei-Kuffour is writing the script of the return of the Daywalker. 

https://deadline.com/2021/07/blade-director-bassan-tariq-1234721241/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk

There seems to have been some public outcry from fans after a rumor surfaced that this film may end up being PG-13.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

There seems to have been some public outcry from fans after a rumor surfaced that this film may end up being PG-13.

Well, it is possible, but Kevin Feige did mention he was open to making some Marvel movies R-Rated. Case in point, he did promise when he brings Deadpool to the MCU, he's keeping him the R-rated Merc with a Mouth. There is going to be a 3rd Deadpool movie which will introduce him to the MCU.

https://collider.com/deadpool-3-mcu-confirmed-r-rating-filming-details-kevin-feige-interview/

• Like 3

FYZBRhAUIAENkTz?format=jpg&name=small

Blade was announced at Comic Con last night with a shooting start date set for October with a locked in release date of November 3, 2023. 

Spoiler

We got to hear Blade's voice at the end of "Eternals" when Kit Harrington's Dane Whitford unveils his family heirloom, "The Black Sword". Could Harrington end up being in "Blade" as well?

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Bassam Tariq has left the project in September due to "creative differences". However, it was announced that Yann Demange will be taking over directing duties and a new script by Michael Starrberry is being written. Mahershala Ali recommended Starrberry to script the new film, which has a new release date of September 6, 2024

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/blade-will-be-rated-r-marvel-1235267361/

• Like 1

Yann Demange directed the excellent 71 so I'm fairly he confident he can deliver. Also, while I didn't love Lovecraft Country, it was certainly well made. Though I'm not sure how many episodes he directed.

• Like 1