Justice Bao: The First Year 包青天再起風雲

galvatron1976

galvatron1976

“Justice Bao: The First Year” to Air on July 22

Shaun Tam (譚俊彥), Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Raymond Cho (曹永廉), Owen Cheung (張振朗), and Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) promoted Justice Bao: The First Year<包青天再起風雲> yesterday. Completed last summer, the drama is finally slated to air on July 22.

Owen Cheung Returns to the Screen

Due to many unforeseen circumstances, Owen Cheung’s dramas including The Offliners <堅離地愛堅離地> and Finding Her Voice <牛下女高音> could not be aired. His other drama Airport Strikers <機場特警> does not have a scheduled broadcast date yet.

Nicknamed “Bad Luck Boy” because of his warehoused dramas, Owen responded, “Obviously I am upset if a drama is removed, but I know that God has a plan for everything. I am just happy right now to finally see [Justice Bao] air. It has already been two years, so I want to know that I am improving.”

Portraying imperial guard “Zhan Zhao” in the drama, Owen has many gravity-defying stunts and fighting scenes.

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/justice-bao-the-first-year-to-air-on-july-22/

• Like 3

Personally, I prefer to see a beautiful guy than an ugly one...:bs_smile:

If it'sTi Lung's son who plays,Justice Bao,well, he IS beautiful on this picture !

I hope that it will be released with subtitles...

None of the previous Justice Bao's impersonators were ugly in the old series, and I don't remember that he is mentioned as being ugly in the book...

• Like 1

Wikipedia - "Bao Zheng" - "In opera or drama, he [Judge Bao] is often portrayed with a black face and a white crescent shaped birthmark on his forehead.  In legends, because he was born dark-skinned and extremely ugly, Bao Zheng was considered cursed and thrown away by his father right after birth.  However, his virtuous elder sister-in-law, who just had an infant named Bao Mian, picked Bao Zheng up and raised him like her own son."

From Judge Bao and the Rule of Law: Eight Ballad-Stories from the Period 1250-1450 by Wilt L. Idema, World Scientific Publishing Co., 2010 - Introduction - "Judge Bao's ugliness reminds one of Zhong Kui, who, according to legend, committed suicide when Emperor Xuanzong (reg. 713-756) refused to grant him his degree after he had passed the examinations because he was so ugly, and from that day on became a ghostly demon-queller."  Of course these days, Zhong Kui is never portrayed as ugly in movies or TV series either. 

Young Zhong Kui poster - from a 2019 Chinese fantasy series - 

Young Zhong Kui Poster, é®å¤©å½ä¹å°å¹´éé¦ 2019 Chinese TV drama series

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I hope that it will be released with subtitles

I saw the preview over the weekend on TVB Jade. TVB Jade sometimes offer subtitles in their programs but there were no subs in the preview so not sure if this one will have subtitles or not. If not then we may have to wait for a fun-subbed version.

I am in transit & will not be home until Thursday - hopefully I will catch it on a replay to verify.

Also it is slated for 20 episodes which will run until August 17th.

• Like 3

Got home early from my travels and I just caught the end part of it a few minutes ago.

No English subs - It does have Chinese subs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wuxiaman said:

The official Singaporean DVD set includes English subtitles:

https://pohkim.net/shop/justice-bao-the-first-year-包青天再起風雲-tvb-drama-dvd9/

I got it from the Singaporean carousell site thanks to a friend there.

Thank you for pointing another site selling good stuff !

I haven't had time to check, but do they ship worldwide ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I got it from the Singaporean carousell site thanks to a friend there.

Thank you for pointing another site selling good stuff !

I haven't had time to check, but do they ship worldwide ?

I have not ordered from there yet, but I do know they ship worldwide. 

• Like 3