Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (2019) - Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith, Everyone and Their Mothers (LOL)

AlbertV

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

I despise Kevin Smith. He's perpetually stuck in the 90's where the word "fuck" would actually elicit a giggle. He thinks fat jokes and weed references are the funniest things in the world and his pandering to "nerds" is gross.

This looks like lazy film making. A love letter to himself. The whole trailer is a "Eh? Eh?" nudge to his audience asking them to remember a rogue's gallery of cameos from his previous films. And yeah, I know it's not that serious. It's dick and vagina jokes. I just hate it with a passion.

Wow Drunken Monk tell us how you really feel! Smith is one of those filmmakers that it seems either you love his style or loathe it. I like him. Red State is a terrific horror flick. That's not to say that I think all his films are great (Clerks 2 is poor as is Chasing Amy), but I like the guy, his stand up shows are a lot of fun, and I do like that he's as apologetically nerdy as all of us. As for this, I'm not going to lie, it brought a big grin to my face. Yes it's infantile, and puerile but with Smith that's kind of the point. The first Jay and Silent Bob film has some wonderful moments (the Good Will Hunting parody in particular made me howl the first time I saw it). I will say though that I'm much more interested to see Jason Mewes directorial debut Madness In The Method, in which Mewes examines his place in the Hollywood hierarchy.

Archived