Bey Logan Bruce Lee and I book

leon00

A few months ago I had read this book and what a book it is!
I really enjoy the book and specialy the chapter finding the game...Bey told us how he discoverd Lee's lost Game of Death footage.. 
Also a great chapter is untold dragon tales a detailed story of Lee's unmade film projects..
And another weird story regarding Lee's death.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, leon00 said:

A few months ago I had read this book and what a book it is!
I really enjoy the book and specialy the chapter finding the game...Bey told us how he discoverd Lee's lost Game of Death footage.. 
Also a great chapter is untold dragon tales a detailed story of Lee's unmade film projects..
And another weird story regarding Lee's death.

Someone started a thread for this topic last year, here's the post.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Cognoscente

In the Clones of the Dragon chapter, Bey revealed an alternate account about Bruce's death. To understand the context within the chapter, Bey was writing about the Fist of Unicorn conference footage that could be seen in The Real Bruce Lee...

Fan delivered his own, very different version of the events surrounding Lee's demise. Fan had a relatively unusual position in the Hong Kong cinema of the 1970s. He was on equally good terms with the police, the gangsters and the film circle. Uncle Fan remembers being woken by a Triad gang boss. "Why are you calling me so early?" Bruce Lee is dead.

Fan didn't believe it until he saw the newspaper headlines. He then called two high ranking police inspectors to try and find out what really happened. Bruce and his girlfriend Betty had broken up some time prior to his death. On the night of his demise, Lee had been lured to a small children's playground on Tak Hing Street under the pretext of meeting Ting Pei. Once there, Lee was set up by metal pole wielding thugs, and was felled by a fatal blow to the back of the head. Bizarrely, a version of this incident is depicted in the Bruce Lee bio pic "Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth" (1976), so perhaps word had got around...

From there, Fan's story becomes less clear. Was the comatose Lee then taken to Betty's apartment? Did the rest of the tragedy then unfold to what we already know? The conspiracy would have to be far reaching indeed to include the first responder on record, Dr. Peter Woo, and the ambulance drivers who took Lee to the Queen Elizabeth hospital.

Fan's version picks up after Lee is admitted to the hospital. Bruce's film-making partners didn't want to propagate the story that the world's greatest martial arts hero was felled by a common street punk. A senior medical official, one with personal connections to the film industry, was offered H.K.$ 300,000 to cover up the existence of Lee's head injury, and come up with the widely held hyper-sensitivity theory.

• Like 2