Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) - Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tessa Thompson, Christian Bale

AlbertV

It looks like Marvel is going ahead with a fourth Thor film as it has been announced that Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi has signed a deal to both write and direct the new film, which Chris Hemsworth has said he would be open to return. Under the circumstances, it's safe to say he will return. The only issue now is that Thor 4 will definitely put the live-action adaptation of Akira on the back burner. Waititi was in the midst of testing Asian actors for the roles in Akira but there are concerns with the script, which put Akira on the shelf for now. Warners are still hopeful that Waititi will commit to Akira after Thor 4.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/taika-waititi-direct-thor-4-1224464

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

I'd much rather see his interpretation of Akira than a fourth Thor movie. I'm a bit miffed by this news.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Akira the Live-Action version, has been put hold far too many times. There's no shortage of Marvel movies, it's Thor that should be put on hold.

• Like 2

count me in, I thought the first 2 Thor movies were average at best, but by the time Ragnarok rolled in, and later Infinity War, I really like Thor now

• Like 3

Considering how bad about every movie based on japanese anime&videogame made in hollywood have been so far, Thor 4 feels much safer bet for a good movie to be made.

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 3

I literally just watched Alita and ... I'm so sad there is no actual ending. They planned for a sequel that's probably never coming.

Screw you Hollywood!

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
On 7/21/2019 at 6:13 AM, AlbertV said:

The movie's official name was revealed at SDCC: Thor: Love and Thunder and Natalie Portman is returning as Jane Foster, who will be the female Thor. 

portman-returns-for-thor-love-and-thunde

http://www.darkhorizons.com/portman-returns-for-thor-love-and-thunder/

Seems the designer of that logo got confused and thought he was crafting something Power Metal-related. 

• Like 3

Taika Waititi has hired Sweet/Vicious creator Jennifer Kaytin Robinson to help him co-write the script for the film. It is believed that if Christian Bale does sign for the film, he will played the central villain, who is still yet to be revealed.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/sweet-vicious-creator-co-writes-new-thor/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Secret Executioner

I'm not too onboard with the female Thor or the black Valkyrie, but it seems to be how the MCU is "reinventing" itself: girlpower and blackpower FTW.

However, Christian Bale's involvment sounds interesting.But  I'm not familiar with Thor comics so I can't really say which villain he should be or will likely be. BTW, how many actors who formerly played DC heroes have yet to be in a MCU film ? Val Kilmer and George Clooney are two that come to mind, though I have no idea what parts they could have in the MCU.

• Like 1

I'm on board for a female version of Thor. Very much so. I just don't see Natalie Portman in an action role. But, then again, Alicia Vikander made a surprisingly solid Lara Croft so who am I to judge?

• Like 2

Remember the scene in Thor: Ragnarok where we saw Luke Hemsworth as Fake Thor, Matt Damon as Fake Loki, and Sam Neill as Fake Odin? Well, the trio are returning with Melissa McCarthy as Fake Hela as they play actors who do a stage rendition reenacting the previous film's story LOL

https://www.darkhorizons.com/mccarthy-is-fake-hela-in-new-thor/

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I don't love this teaser. I respect it for not giving anything away (other than lady Thor) but it didn't really grab me all that much. But I watched it on my phone. Maybe I'll throw it on the tv with the wife later and see if it doesn't more for me.

• Like 2

New official trailer and we get our 1st look at Christian Bale as Gorr, the God Butcher and Russell Crowe as Zeus

• Like 2

Another bland entry in the MCU. Some good laughs in the beginning but the entire thing becomes stale and down right boring very quickly.

For a big budget ($250 million) blockbuster it looks and feels cheap. The CGI varies heavily in quality and the sets as well as the locations never really amaze.

Christian Bale is without a doubt what's carrying the movie. His performance is probably the only thing noteworthy. Hemsworth, Portman and Thompson are stuck with some of the worst dialogue I've seen (heard) on screen in a long time.

Soundtrack is pretty much a "best of" Guns n' Roses which you can't really go wrong with.

Overall this might as well be shown on Disney+. I don't feel like I'd have missed much if I just skipped it.

I don't know what happened to the MCU but ever since Endgame I at least feel it's been going downhill. Not to mention that each and every movie feels and looks the same with just some interchangeable characters.

If you're a fan of the MCU I guess you're almost obliged to watch it if not skip this.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 5