Parasite (2019) Bong Joon-ho and Song Kang-ho reunite!

One Armed Boxer

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 2/25/2020 at 7:54 AM, AlbertV said:

Hulu scored the U.S. streaming rights and will begin streaming the film on April 8.

That's weird. Criterion is releasing his films on bluray but to stream, it gonna be on hulu? Why not criterion channel 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

That's weird. Criterion is releasing his films on bluray but to stream, it gonna be on hulu? Why not criterion channel 

Because Hulu is under a deal with the film's distributor, Neon.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/parasite-will-stream-exclusively-on-hulu-in-u-s-1203512993/

• Like 4

On 12/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

I convinced my parents to see this, and they loved it. 😀

They are interested in seeing more of his films, so I'm going to lend them THE HOST. I thought I'd already showed it to them, but either I'm mistaken or they don't remember it. It did come out 14 years ago. How time flies!

Another parent story to share here, except mine are two 65 year olds who usually sit home in Finland watching TV and have never seen a Korean film. Till last week they told me they’d gone to cinema (the 2nd time in about 5 years) to see “this new Oscar winner, that Korean one”. And they both liked it, dad especially.

It was damn close I didn’t lose out to them; I only got to see the film two days before them when my US BD arrived here in Japan (it’s in theatres too, but I wasn’t up to the task of reading Japanese subtitles for 130 min, so…).

This seems to be doing really well in both countries. My hometown in Finland is a small town with one theatre with two screens, and Parasite is playing on the bigger screen. It was released a month ago in Finland, and has already gotten 130 000 viewers, which is not bad in a country of 5 million people. For comparison, Joker topped the 2019 box office with 400 000 sold tickets, followed by Avengers (342 000), Lion King (333 000) and Star Wars (293 000). At this pace Parasite will easily finish in 2020’s TOP 15.

Edited by Takuma
  • Like 3

Looks like the B&W version is available to stream on Apple TV+ now.

Watched the color version yesterday and loved it. I'll watch it again but most likely the B&W version to see if it really makes a difference as intended by the director.

• Like 2