Next 007 to be woman

Tex Killer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

World changes but 007 should always be man..can`t really think of watching future 007 flicks with female as lead.

Probably helps to actually read the article you posted before making these assumptions. -

However, traditionalists can relax: she's not the new Bond, but a new character who takes over his secret agent number after he leaves MI6.

15 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Probably helps to actually read the article you posted before making these assumptions. -

And?I did read and never said she will be new bond but new 007. And for future films I did not mean next but flicks after that.

Drunken Monk

I think it makes sense. If Bond retires, someone ought to get the 007 mantle. And why not a woman? I think it's great that they're allowing women to be more badass in Bond films not just slinky vixen types for Bond to bang.

Hollywood studios are generally run with only one thing in mind... profit. If they think a female 007 will rake in the box office, damn Ian Fleming and his creation. 

DragonClaws

This has been on the card's for some time, why not just go the Atomic Blond route. Create a cool, ass-kicking female character, that feature's in her own unqiue spy story. Why not have both male and female spies co-operating in the same, Cinematic Universe?.

This is clearly for bringing in new fans and continueing the franchise, which is now owned by Barbera Boroccolli?. Many fan's have grown up with the series having  male lead. It will harder for them to shake off this image/blueprint, they have spent decades creating.

Actress Jody Comer would make for a great choice, if they hadn't already cast the role.

Michelle Yeoh’s character felt like the first “Bond girl” that was on par with Bond himself, no one had an issue with that.

I guess it feels like a troll job to make her 007...why not 006 or any other number? That would be more interesting in my book. It could introduce a whole alternate franchise. 

Next(and perhaps eventually not last) james bond movie could have been introduction and make then spin off movie for her. Bond does not need to retire.

Uhm producers, can we have beverly hills cop 4 with megan fox as new Cop...

Drunken Monk

I don’t think she’s going to end up as Bond. I think the film will start with Bond being retired and her currently in the 007 role. Perhaps she’ll die? Something will bring Bond back and put him in the 007 role again.

I seriously doubt the film will end with her as the new 007. But then I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I don’t think she’s going to end up as Bond. I think the film will start with Bond being retired and her currently in the 007 role. Perhaps she’ll die? Something will bring Bond back and put him in the 007 role again.

I seriously doubt the film will end with her as the new 007. But then I could be wrong.

No, you’re totally right, she is not the new 007, it’s just a plot “twist.” But it feels like an unnecessary one just to show that the franchise is evolving with the current political climate. Doing something just to do it, in my eyes, is worse than doing nothing at all.

Coliseum1972

2 time Felix died , Dave Hedison (LALD & LTK , with both Moore and Dalton)

Trivia : van der Syl added "2013" which was LALDs 40 anniversary, this italian poster is missing lots of art : several racing boats , the croc , the black woman and the cop car is orange instead of white

People are acting as if James Bond is dead and being replaced. The character's still there! Incidentally the reason I'm most looking forward to this is Phoebe Waller Bridge on scripting duties. Anybody who's seen Fleabag or Killing Eve will know what an amazing writer she is, and if this franchise needs anything it's a narrative kick up the arse.

So basically it's going to be like that part in Goldeneye where Natalya orders Bond around except she does it the whole time now. As for trying to create a more badass Bond woman than that movie's villainess Xenia Onatopp is something I'm not sure can be done. Besides they forgot about the time they replaced him once already...

Remember when Daniel Craig was first announced, the fan base responded with the website http://craignotbond.com? If he elicited that sort of response, this announcement probably made a ton or two more heads explode. 

https://www.irishpost.com/news/james-bond-fans-react-angrily-casting-black-female-actor-007-16895

Big Hollywood movies will always profit in its two biggest markets, East Asia and the Middle East. The Bond franchise has always played with general politics from time to time from Soviets to North Koreans.  However, when it comes to America and Europe lately, it's not about profits but making sure the audience sees a personal political statement from the cast and/or crew even if it detracts from the movie itself. The female Ghostbusters tanked so why not tank Bond too in the name of "wokeness"?

Phoebe Waller-Brown, granddaughter of a baronet and alumni from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, has every right to put her personal stamp on the film but to follow the current trend is unfortunate. It means she is making the movie to her peers' liking instead of Joe Public's liking. 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, Tex Killer said:

Next(and perhaps eventually not last) james bond movie could have been introduction and make then spin off movie for her.

That would be a great way to introduce her. 

Introduce her in the next James Bond movie, then something happens to the current Bond (kidnap, jailed, etc) and have her take over temporarily and former Bond down the road comes back and take over.

Or they can do a spin-off like they did with "Hobbs & Shaw" from The Fast & Furious franchise. 

9 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

The female Ghostbusters tanked so why not tank Bond too in the name of "wokeness"?

I think Ghostbusters tanked because you have a cast not that many people were into. I didn't go to see it in the theater because the cast didn't interest me.

With the right female cast the studio can have a "hit" on their hands - it may even surpass the last Bond movies(s).

Even if James Bond has always been a male in our minds, as a female fighters fan, I think that the idea of a female lead would be great.

Why don't they introduce her as Jane Bond (that how Connie Chan and Suet Nei are referred to in their spies movies...:bs_smile:), James Bond's long lost sister and hence, there is no offence to all Bond's fans nor to Ian Fleming's books, since his hero would still exist as James bond...

The new woman isn't replacing James Bond! James Bond will still exist in universe! The 007 codename is what she's taking over. 

3 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

The new woman isn't replacing James Bond! James Bond will still exist in universe! The 007 codename is what she's taking over. 

Yes, I undersstood that, but in most people's imagination, 007 and James Bond are the same...At least, it's how I understand people's reactions to this annoucement of a woman taking the code name 007...

Secret Executioner
On 7/24/2019 at 5:34 AM, HyperDrive said:

However, when it comes to America and Europe lately, it's not about profits but making sure the audience sees a personal political statement from the cast and/or crew even if it detracts from the movie itself. The female Ghostbusters tanked so why not tank Bond too in the name of "wokeness"?

Just look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe... We went from goofy stuff to politics and racial issues in Black Panther and feminazism in Captain Marvel...

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

Feminazism in Captain Marvel...

Captain Marvel is utterly harmless. Yes, it's a female-led superhero film. Sure, it caters to young girls looking for a hero. But "feminazism?" Hardly.

Coliseum1972

They will never kill off Bond , too much $$$ to be made.......besides theres been silly rumors before : Gibson as 007 , Denzel as 007

Rutger was offered Zorin or so the rumor goes

Archived