Becky (2019)/The Wrath of Becky (2023) - Lulu Wilson, Kevin James, Seann William Scott

AlbertV

Becky is an upcoming action thriller about a 14-year old who takes matters into her own hands when on a weekend with her dad, a group of prisoners on the run invade their lake house. Lulu Wilson will play the titular Becky while it was announced that Kevin James will go against type as the central villain. Originally, the villain was to be played by Simon Pegg, but Pegg has a schedule conflict. Wonder how this will turn out. It is being directed by Bushwick duo Cary Murnion and Jonathan Milott (I recommend Bushwick, which uses 10-minute long takes in the take of a hostile invasion of the Brooklyn suburb).

http://www.darkhorizons.com/kevin-james-turns-villain-in-becky/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Anyone else notice, that nearly all of the American, female lead action films have a single name title these day's.

Lucy, Hanna, Anna, Becky, Peppermint, Kate, etc.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Anyone else notice, that nearly all of the American, female lead action films have a single name title these day's.

Lucy, Hanna, Anna, Becky, Peppermint, etc.

Must be the new trend in terms of female-led action films, now if only we can get a new generation of female action stars to lead the way who have the skills and not just train for them (no offense to the stars of the films, which they are okay to watch), but we need female stars who actually have the skills. Amy Johnston? Tara Macken? Heidi Moneymaker? Those to name a few.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
4 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Amy Johnston? Tara Macken? Heidi Moneymaker? Those to name a few.

If only this would happen, and I don't want to say it never will. But getting the lead role in a Hollywood movie, isnt always down to your talent or ability. How much better would the action in Anna would be?, though there going to be a skilled man or woman doubling for the lead.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Yeah, this doesn't sound that interesting. 

IMO, it was executed much better than it sounds. Kevin James is the reason to see this because he breaks type in the role of Neo Nazi gang leader Dominick. Lulu Wilson doesn't hold back the violence when she begins her revenge against James and the gang. Very violent, gory at times. I spoke with the duo of Cary Murnion and Jonathan Milott about the film. Originally, Kevin James was to have another role but when the actor originally set to play Dominick left, James offered to take up the role to the duo and they gave him the nod.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2020/06/03/unleashing-becky-an-interview-with-cary-murnion-and-jonathan-milott/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

IMO, it was executed much better than it sounds. Kevin James is the reason to see this because he breaks type in the role of Neo Nazi gang leader Dominick. Lulu Wilson doesn't hold back the violence when she begins her revenge against James and the gang. Very violent, gory at times. I spoke with the duo of Cary Murnion and Jonathan Milott about the film. Originally, Kevin James was to have another role but when the actor originally set to play Dominick left, James offered to take up the role to the duo and they gave him the nod.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2020/06/03/unleashing-becky-an-interview-with-cary-murnion-and-jonathan-milott/

I just went and checked out the trailer and I think that I might have been hasty. It actually does look pretty interesting. Like someone on YouTube said, it looks like an R-Rated Home Alone. And Kevin James looks legit scary in that role. That in its self is a hell of an accomplishment. 

• Like 2

Coming May 26, Becky is back and this time, she's going John Wick on a band of rednecks who kill the elderly woman who has taken care of her and kidnapped her dog. Lulu Wilson returns as the now 16-year old with a penchant for brutal revenge and Seann William Scott takes on the new lead villain role. Directed by Matt Angel and Suzanne Coote. Wilson, Scott, and original film helmers Cary Murnion and Jonathan Milott serve as executive producers. 

• Like 1

If you liked the original Becky, you'll love Wrath of Becky, but it can also be seen as a standalone movie in some ways. Becky goes John Wick when a new band of redneck Neo-Nazis kill the elderly woman she has cared for for over a year and kidnap her dog. However, she won't use guns because (she finds them boring). The kill scenes are awesome and there are times when we see her envision a killing only to show us what really happened (something in the vein of Death Grip). So far, this is my favorite film of the year. 

I even had a chance to interview the co-wrirters and co-directors of the film.

• Like 1