Kiltro and Mirageman at Fantasia

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

I can't wait till sunday to go see those two movies at Fantasia. It stars Marko Zaror, a chilian martial arts actor who just looks amazing! Mirageman, the second collaboration between Zaror and director Ernesto Espinoza, will make it's world premiere screening, being due for 2008 in Chile. Check out the trailers.

Kiltro: divertissement.sympatico....?id=Kiltro

Mirageman:

divertissement.sympatico....=Mirageman

Don't they look great?

The Amazing Psycho Per:evil

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok now, seems like there is no interest here, or maybe I should start from the begining.

Kiltro is the first chilian martial arts movie. It is directed by Ernesto Diaz Espinoza, and stars his high school budy Marko Zaror. Zaror is, I believe, on the verge of exploding on the international scene. He's a stuntman/martial artist, who won an award for his work as a stunt double for the Rock in the Rundown. So you can imagine the shape of the guy. He's built like a truck but is very quick and agile, not Tony Jaa agile but not too far behind, wich is very impressive for his size.

Kiltro takes a while to get going, but it's funny, fairly bloody and the final fight is very good. It's a first movie so of course it has some flaws, but It's a very good start. It has a very nice spaghetti western vibe to it, due in part to great score. It's a shame that all the money shots are at the end but it's still worth checking out to discover a new emerging talent.

Mirageman is the second offering from Espinoza/Zaror, and it was a real blast. It has yet to be release in Chile and I was lucky enough to catch the world premiere at Fantasia. It really shows a lot of improvement on every level from their first movie. It's the story of a man who becomes a "super hero" when he sees that his mentally illed brother's condition has improved since he saw on the news the story of a masked man who rescued a journalist. It is such a great tribute to the super hero genre. It's very funny, never falling into the parody, rather staying an hommage. It's extremely well balanced between action, comedy and drama. It's a improvement on every level from their first offering, featuring a lot more action, wich is hard hitting with a couple of very spectacular moves. Espinoza shows a lot of confidence, the editing and pacing being tighter in this one. Should really seek this one out when it comes out next year.

In the mean time check these out

The Amazing Psycho Per:evil

Archived