Jet Li to star in 'Snow White'??

Guest kingofkungfu2002

Guest Chinatown Kid

Talking about bizzare casting choices. What's next, Tony Jaa in Cinderella or maybe Cinderfella?

Now someone like Jackie Chan I could see being known for comedy and starring in films like Disney's Around The World In 80 Days. Who knows though, maybe Jet will be sensational in the film. :rolleyes Could also be Jet wants to break out of the Kung Fu role he's typecast in and try something new, and of course Disney's probably dangling one hell of a big fat check in front of him as well! :P

Guest chen lung

I heard Panna's gonna be doing choreography for Cinderfella. Donno how kids will take it. You're kinda right about a... 'new generation' Tosh:lol .

Guest Beat TG

passio for me. Forbidden Kingdom at least looks like it's going to deliver (Jet, Jackie and Woo Ping hyping up things) despite the material.

Guest wudawg

Wasn't Yuen Wo Ping going to do a Snow White type movie? Or is that a no go? As for Jet, he should stick to Asian cinema, I think that's where he does better stuff.

Guest stormybman

He's always been a dwarf anyway... :eek ,!!! Did I just say that?!!! :lol

I have come for the revenge of my master, this doesn't concern you, so I'll allow you to leave...

Guest Chan Wah Shun

. . . did anyone actually read the link? Because, though the premise may be stupid, it might be an enjoyable movie. I wonder who the other six warriors will be. And c'mon, Yuen Wo Ping! I might (heavy stress on the word might) give this flick a chance.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
Li is overrated anyways if you ask me. Let him go do these movies, time for the new generation to step up.

:lol (I hope you were joking)

After Jet and Donnie go .......... who's left??? And dont tell me Wu Jing. As much as I like him, he cant carry a film. There is no "new generation". There are no more seriously trained martial artists turned actors or Peking opera trained performers. Its all about asexual canto-pop & soap opera stars. I hope Jet keeps making films until he's 60.

After Jet and Donnie go .......... who's left??? And dont tell me Wu Jing.

Well, I have to disagree about Wu Jing, I thought he was excellent in the Tai Chi Fighter(tv), the problem is he's not a kid anymore, everyone needs to stop talking about Jet and Jackie ang give him the chance, I think he's every bit as talented as Jet Li.

And Donnie Yen isn't going anywhere, he still looks as good and powerful as when he was 20, you don't hear him whining about how he doesn't want to do these kind of movies anymore.

Guest Beat TG
After Jet and Donnie go .......... who's left???

Xing Yu, Chiu Man Cheuk, Terry Fan, amongst others. I'm sure there's more.

Donnie Yen isn't going anywhere, he still looks as good and powerful as when he was 20, you don't hear him whining about how he doesn't want to do these kind of movies anymore.

He's been there and realized it's a waste of time so he has no intention to go anywhere anymore, he just wants to make changes in MA trends and choreo.

Guest BKarza

Yaaawwnnn. Another Jet project. I haven't gotten excited aboot anything that he is doing in years now. DtD and Fearless ended up being good boot I didn't care until I saw them. And oh goodie, Jet and WP again. Works one(War) w/YK, then the next w/WP everytime. Yawn.

Siu Wong is dead in the water. Wen Zhou is ever to be stuck on tv doing wu xia series. Xing Yu is just a guy someone may use here and there. For his true skill level, he hasn't done crap onscreen yet. The Kung Fu Hustle stuff was extra super generic. Only we over here want more from them and want them featured.

Wu Jing just doesn't do it for me. It's something. If he were part of a bunch of onscreen fighters it might be ok. As it stands, he's the only one among the pop stars. As the default head of the pack, he's just not there. He's kind of like Biu. He's good, but he's not a "feature" guy. If the 80s were Chow Yun Fat, comedies, Andy Lau and Biu the upstart action lead, it wouldn't work. That's where WJ is.

Someone with some bloody presence needs to step the f up. Where are the butt kickers? Not including Donnie. No one can friggin touch him now. From SPL to Flashpoint, he is the friggin energy/intensity king...and he's the most creative at this point.

Guest Beat TG
Xing Yu is just a guy someone may use here and there. For his true skill level, he hasn't done crap onscreen yet. The Kung Fu Hustle stuff was extra super generic. Only we over here want more from them and want them featured.

outta the present young generation screenfighters, whether minor players or lead players, I feel Xing Yu has the most promising future. His stuff so far has been very generic I agree (until Flash Point I guess), but when I look at him in his roles he's not like any youngster: pretty-looking ala popstarish, trying hard to do something fancy yet looks overstylized and lame in the process etc, he's totally outside of that. his looks are genuine and rather natural, even with different characters coming into play. it should be interesting to see what's next for him in the future.

Guest Yi Long

It's kinda sad that Donnie is the best thing in HK right now... action-wise... as it's kinda a 'in the land of the blind, 1-eye is king...'

Donnie lacks charisma, lacks acting talent, and has more often than not screwed up his action-choreography by undercranking, bad angles and editing, bad framing, and too much focus on his own 'big' moves (slow-mo back-spin kick, slow-mo jumping double backspin kick, slow-mo triple kick... etc) in all his projects...

But Sha Po Lam was great stuff (after years of mediocre stuff...), and this movie looks interesting, action-wise... so who knows!? Maybe he now finally 'gets' it...

Guest Beat TG
Donnie lacks charisma, lacks acting talent, and has more often than not screwed up his action-choreography by undercranking, bad angles and editing, bad framing, and too much focus on his own 'big' moves (slow-mo back-spin kick, slow-mo jumping double backspin kick, slow-mo triple kick... etc) in all his projects...

He lacks acting skills I agree but when it comes to charisma, most people can't touch him (just my opinion).

considering the camerawork, undercranking and editing, that was all part of his style at the time, he wasn't willing to follow the choreography that had become so average and instead dared to challenge that by capturing fights in a different way. he wasn't like his mentor, following trends and thinking ways of refreshing already-seen fight themes and so on (Woo Ping is one of the greatest for it, maintaining the style and still come up with something refreshing), he's always willing to change choreo bigtime, even if it was not always successful among some people.

Donnie likes to focus on his movements, but the same can be said about Sammo and Jackie, only that the difference is that the two latter focused both on themselves and their opponents (particularly in the 80s) and Donnie focused mostly on himself (seems that he has gone out of that now though). everyone with a particular style is bound to focus on their specific moviements, Donnie is not the only one.

Guest dyenboy

"sad that donnie yen is the big thing in china"

are u crazy..

he is the big thing cause he does something different than any other cheographer..he is litterly setting the pace and not just copying what other cheographer are doing..

he has tons of charisma and his acting is far better than jet li's..hopefully flashpoint will reflect this..

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think Donnie and Jet need to have an epic battle on screen with Tony Jaa thrown in the mix too. I like all 3 of them! Maybe Jackie can fight Chuck Norris since there both in the oldtimers club now. :b Wu Jing vs Kim Won Jin would be a good matchup as well, Wu's Kung Fu stylings vs Kim's TKD kicks. If only I had the control.....8)

Three and a half years later, this thread comes back to life. A script is currently being penned for the now titled SNOW AND THE SEVEN.

The film will revolve around an Englishwoman who returns to Hong Kong for her father's funeral and learns her stepmother is plotting against her. She escapes to Mainland China, where she goes into hiding with seven warriors.

It's definitely going to be a Disney-style live action film as they hired the scribe who penned TOY STORY 3, Oscar Winner Michael Arndt (he won an award for his script for LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE).

Francis Lawrence (I AM LEGEND) is still attached to direct the film but Natalie Portman may be replaced now that she is pregnant and if shooting begins soon, she may not be able to do the physical portion of the film (stunts, fights, etc.)

Full story HERE