Disfigured/Scarred characters in MA cinema

Secret Executioner

Secret Executioner

Title says it all. Post your favorites, preferrably with actor's names and movie titles. :) 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Executioners+1993-9-b.jpg

Anthony Wong in Executioners

Kane Kosugi in Heaven Inspector (he's disfigured under that mask)

ShaOW!linDude

Bolo Yeung as Moon with his scarred, milky eye in Double Impact.

Not quite the topic, but I liked Shaolin Drunkard having a girl (Yeung Hoi-Yi) with a birth mark that covered much her face, which then  becomes a huge scar after a kung fu frog sprays acid on it, which sorcerer Yuen Cheung-Yan is able to PEEL OFF after doing some Taoist magic (and threatening to rape her). I mean, WTF, people?

DragonClaws

Am I right in thnking there's a scar-face villian in the early Jackie Chan feature To Kill With Intrigue?, it sometime since I watched that one.

6 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Am I right in thnking there's a scar-face villian in the early Jackie Chan feature To Kill With Intrigue?, it sometime since I watched that one.

You are right. It's Hsu Feng with the scar and she wears a veil for most of the film to hide it.

2 minutes ago, panku said:

You are right. It's Hsu Feng with the scar and she wears a veil for most of the film to hide it.

Plus Jackie himself gets disfigured before the final fight

jackiechantkwi.jpg

DragonClaws

Obvous choice I know, but we have to mention Oharra(Bob Wall). Here in a behind the scenes shot from Enter The Dragon.

BW-0001__50672.1479328419.1280.1280.jpg?

TibetanWhiteCrane

Off the dome....

Beardy sports a facial scar in Odd Couple.

James Nam in The Opium Trail equally so.

Tiger Yang also face scar in Warriors Two

Rambo Kong has a fucked up eye in  Monkey Kung Fu.

Seem to remember Kwan Yung Moon being all pock marked in Ninja in the Dragon's Den.

DragonClaws

Chang Yi playing villain Jo Wing in The Victim(1980), featured bottom left hand still.

TheVictim+1980-62-b.jpg

TibetanWhiteCrane

Well, if eyepatches, hairy moles and crossed eyes count, the list is gonna be long.

Secret Executioner
2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Well, if eyepatches, hairy moles and crossed eyes count, the list is gonna be long.

I wouldn't count those - hairy moles alone seem tp be in over half the MA movies from the late 1970s/early 1980s.

DragonClaws
4 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

1 hour ago, Secret Executioner said:

I wouldn't count those - hairy moles alone seem tp be in over half the MA movies from the late 1970s/early 1980s.

I thought a missing eye would be classed as a disfigurement?, though I wouldn't include crossed eyes and hairy moles in that category.

Doesn't Chun Fa have a scar in some of his movies ? Maybe in The odd couple (if the assassin is really Chun Fa, I don't have time to check the cast, sorry).

DragonClaws
53 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe in The odd couple (if the assassin is really Chun Fa, I don't have time to check the cast, sorry).

The aptly named Scarface assassin in The Odd Couple, is played by Leung Kar-Yan. The HKMDB also list the character as Laughing Bandit.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe in The odd couple (if the assassin is really Chun Fa, I don't have time to check the cast, sorry).

The aptly named Scarface assassin in The Odd Couple, is played by Leung Kar-Yan. The HKMDB also list the character as Laughing Bandit. 

Sorry, I meant By hook or by crook.

I haven't watched Odd couple as yet...

Archived