Dont Give A Damn

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Been a while since I watched some modern Sammo goodness. Ive had this for years but finally sat down to watch it. I thought this movie was pretty fun watch. Good action, decent story, and some funny comedy. Action not the best Sammo work, but there are some golden moments. I though the 3 way fight at the end w/ Sammo, Bobby Samuels & Ngai Sing was dope. The last 20 min was just all well done imo. The locker room fight with Yuen and Sammo was just too damn funny. The comedy was dumb but I found myself laughing out loud alot during this one. The restaurant/bar scene when they all meet for dinner had alot of funny stuff (dialog, water fight, ect..). At the Police station when Sammo is pissed and tells Yuen he wants to fart in that girls face. A loud fart, a loud smelly fart. Dumb yes, but I laughed alot (maybe it was just my mood). Id only give it a 3.5/5, but it was alot of fun.

Although not the first time featured in a Sammo film, I was bit shocked at the "black face" scene towards the end. And Sammo's question to Yuen and Takeshi about "what negros do the fastest" was like whhhaaaaaa :eek !?!? Im not sure what source or fact checks Sammo used for those stats he had for the answer. My first thought was, "I wonder what Bobby Samuels said to Sammo about that sequence?".

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

action was dope, but it was obvious that this point that sammo was falling off a lil. but that 3 way was really something..

been meaning to see the whole film for a while, but havent got around to it yet..

Guest Chinatown Kid

I wasn't too fond of the action in this film, I liked the fights in Pantyhose Hero alot better. I imagine it was really humiliating for Bobby Samuels to have to act like he was actually fooled by Yuen Biao in blackface impersonating Bobby's brother. :\

Guest stormybman

They should make a sequel: "Now I Really Don't Give A Damn!!!", and allow the Samuels character dress up with the eye make-up, and let him pretend to be a chinese guy, and get his hair processed really straight, and buck teethed, and see how the Asian audiences feel about that S@#*!!! >:

"So why did you kill my teacher?! Why did you kill my teacher?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!..."

Guest Chinatown Kid

I heard that, but of course the West is guilty of portraying those same stereotypes you suggest in many films of the past as well. I guess you can find that kind of @#%$ everywhere, one race putting down or ridiculing another. :\

Guest moviegyrl

I was terribly disappointed in Sammo after seeing this film! >: Later, I found out that he and Samuels were actually close friends, a mentor-pupil relationship. Samuels beamed about it on the Tai Seng commentary to THE VICTIM. 'Makes no sense! 0]

Guest kung fu 750

I think this was called "Burger Cop".

I rented it thinking it was a sammo movie i had not seen. But it was renamed burger cop from I don't give a damn.

Still not one of Sammo's best. He was bitter at the industry at the time he made it, hense the title I don't give a damn

Finally watched it. Good camerawork in all action scenes but only the finale (the part with Sammo, Samuels and Chou going at each other) delivered. As a film, it wasn't good though. At the time this was made, I figure Sammo didn't care about spicing up his stories and characters anymore (hence the title) and just used a simple plot as a basis to focus on the action. His passiveness shows throughout the film. This felt and looked like a dull cop chow with the usual routines and tasteless humor (some good moments though) added in the mix that seemed to go on forever.

4/10

sifu iron perm

did anyone bring the minstrel issue to sammo at all?

I know people reacted to it and gave their opinion etc..

Archived