Stahelski and Leitch Want to Remake 'Bloodsport'

AlbertV

http://ultimateactionmovies.com/bloodsport-remake-news/

John Wick directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are interested in remaking Bloodsport. Stahelski was in Bloodsport III as Kumite fighter Max Omega, so he has that knowledge of how the film could work out. They've even gotten a blessing from one of the writers of the original 1987 film, Sheldon Lettich. Would you like to see these two do a proper remake of the film?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

He's wanting to remake Kill or Be Killed, the old James Ryan flick? 

36 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

He's wanting to remake Kill or Be Killed, the old James Ryan flick? 

I thought that too at first, but it's actually based on an Ed Brubaker comic

"A suicidal college student is saved by a demon, who offers him a deadly ultimatum. "

516z3MbjOML._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Seeing as the John Wick films are some of the best action movies ever made(If not the best), I'm up to see what they can do with a Bloodsport and Highlander remake. 

DragonClaws
14 hours ago, DarthKato said:

I'm up to see what they can do with a Bloodsport and Highlander remake. 

These re-boot's are for those of the new generations, who don't want to see a movie older than a couple of year's. I'm not talking these re-makes down, before they'v even been made. Just spent too many year's watching the more than above average originals. I know they wont take a poorly made MA movie and re-make it. Hollywood wants what they like to call Brand Recognition?, to re-boot a film series thats already got a big following.

21 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

These re-boot's are for those of the new generations, who don't want to see a movie older than a couple of year's. I'm not talking these re-makes down, before they'v even been made. Just spent too many year's watching the more than above average originals. I know they wont take a poorly made MA movie and re-make it. Hollywood wants what they like to call Brand Recognition?, to re-boot a film series thats already got a big following.

Yeah, I agree that most reboots/remakes are utter crap made for the modern, brain-dead, Millennials( I think that is what the newish generation is called). But if they are going to do it anyways, I really hope they do it justice. And it seems they have competent people making it. At least I hope they do.  

Oh, I never understood why some people would be turned off by something  just because its old. It really keeps you from experiencing some truly amazing things. 

People need to appreciate the nostalgia of these films. I am however, interested to see what Stahelski and Leitch can bring to a Bloodsport remake. Then you had films such as Bloodfist, which had numerous remakes, mostly within a few years.

• The original: Bloodfist (1989), which launched the career of Don "The Dragon" Wilson as a film star.
  • Remake #1: Full Contact (1993), which starred Jerry Trimble in the Wilson role, only the setting was changed from Manila to Los Angeles.
  • Remake #2: Angel Fist (1993), a gender reversal set in Manila starring the late Cat Sassoon in the Wilson role, only she was not a boxer but a cop determined to avenge her sister.
  • Remake #3: Dragon Fire (1993), set in the year 2040 in Los Angeles, starring Dominic LaBanca in the Wilson role. Was his only lead role but he was a good fighter. Wish he had done more fight films.
  • Remake #4: Bloodfist 2050 (2005), set in Manila in the year 2050 starring Matt Mullins in the Wilson role. Mullins would of course work as an actor and stuntman, co-starring in Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight

This is one that is safe to say that this should just not be remade. LOL But I am interested in a Bloodsport remake if these two are doing it.

Drunken Monk
On 6/18/2019 at 9:55 PM, DarthKato said:

I'm up to see what they can do with a Bloodsport and Highlander remake. 

Stahelski has said he wants to take what he has done with John Wick (set the bar on modern action cinema) and apply it to sword fighting when it comes to Highlander.

ShaOW!linDude
6 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Stahelski has said he wants to take what he has done with John Wick (set the bar on modern action cinema) and apply it to sword fighting when it comes to Highlander.

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

20 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

That sounds incredible if he can pull it off! 

Archived