Film anniversaries coming up

Coliseum1972

Coliseum1972

Easy Rider 50 (I miss Hopper)

Moonraker 40 (not the best but some things I enjoy : Lonsdale , the locations , amazing music by Barry , Chiles is cool , opening scene , doberman scene)

Karate Kid 35 (still not over Moritas death , a vital part of 80s gone imo , great soundtrack)

Ghostbusters 35

Batman/007 LTK 30 (final Dalton Bond , wish he couldve done two more at least  , Davi was wonderful as the drug lord Sanchez)

Speed 25 (Bullocks breakthru  , the soundtrack is cool too , great song by Idol)

Pulp Fiction 25

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Some neat stuff there. Tim Burton's first Batman remains one of my favorite film adaptations of the caped crusader. This one and Nolan's Batman begins (2005) are some great movies and rank among my favorite superhero films. :BL-ThumbsUp:

Isn't there also OHMSS' anniversary this year ? IIRC this one was released in 1969. My favorite James Bond movie, Telly Savalas as Bloefeld is an awesome villain (loved the guy in everything I've seen him in TBH, from cop TV show to Italian horror to a star-studded war film to James Bond - kudos if you guessed everything I'm alluding to), the plot is okay, there's some neat action with an epic final chase and Lazenby is a pretty solid Bond. The grim ending is also something I liked, and it made for a recurring elements through the 1970s movies, all the way until Bloefeld death in the opening scene of For your Eyes only in 1981 (the film that followed the aforementionned Moonraker coincidentally).

And since we're talking James Bond, let's not forget the 45th anniversary of the movie that saw James Bond go against Hammer's Dracula - Man with the Golden Gun. Not sure why, but Roger Moore vs Christopher Lee is definitely appealing to me. :cool: 

Secret Executioner
20 hours ago, AlbertV said:

September 8 is the 30th anniversary of the original Kickboxer

Sounds like a good reason for revisiting the original saga - well, minus 4 in my case cause I don't have it. :tongue:

I watched Meatballs today and learned that today marked the 40th anniversary of the film's release. Pure coincidence! 

13482_2.jpg

Archived