3 From Hell (2019) - Sheri Moon Zombie, Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, Richard Brake

AlbertV

Rob Zombie is back with a new installment of his film series that began with The House of 1000 Corpses and then, The Devil's Rejects. Now, the trio of Sheri Moon Zombie, Bill Moseley, and Sid Haig are back in their signature roles of "Baby" Firefly, Otis Driftwood, and Captain Spaulding in the third installment, entitled 3 From Hell. The film will co-star Danny Trejo, Jeff Daniel Phillips, Clint Howard, Richard Brake, Dee Wallace and Austin Stoker

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Rob Zombie is a director I've just never been able to get behind. House of a 100 Corpses is in my "top ten worst films of all time" list and while I recalled liking The Devil's Rejects, I tried to watch it a few days ago and just couldn't. It exploitative nonsense. And I'm a guy who doesn't mind a bit of exploitation.

I've never really given any of these films a try. What kind of films are they? " Action films? Horror? Maybe both? 

Secret Executioner
On 6/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Rob Zombie is a director I've just never been able to get behind. House of a 100 Corpses is in my "top ten worst films of all time" list and while I recalled liking The Devil's Rejects, I tried to watch it a few days ago and just couldn't. It exploitative nonsense. And I'm a guy who doesn't mind a bit of exploitation.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding his appeal. Sure exploitation films are fine, but his movies seem to all be more or less the same kind of thing with disgusting-looking people and tons of gratuitous violence. :hvb_not_sure:

On 6/15/2019 at 10:57 PM, DarthKato said:

I've never really given any of these films a try. What kind of films are they? " Action films? Horror? Maybe both? 

They're a combination of horror and action in the grindhouse sense. For those who are interested in seeing 3 from Hell, the movie is having a 3-night theater engagement beginning this Monday. Check this link out and see if it is playing near you.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rob-zombies-3-from-hell

And I interviewed horror legend Bill Moseley, who plays Otis in the trilogy of films (the only character he's ever played more than once in his entire career), who told me what it was like returning to the role after 14 years.

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2019/09/09/returning-from-hell-an-interview-with-bill-moseley/

Archived