Hitman and the Buddha Update and Shout Out.

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

I've decided that I'm not going to be releasing Hitman in the Hand of Buddha on Blu Ray anymore. Instead, I'll provide both a high bitrate H.264 2K copy as an MKV file with all the soundtracks and subtitles, and a DVD. This is largely due to the fact that I don't see any need to make a blu ray, it is a dreadful format which was only commissioned to make the DRM bastards happy as it is very hard to decrypt on PC. I apologise for taking so long to relase the movie but since this is Hwang Jang Lee's finest movie, I feel it deserves the best treatment possible, including accurate subtitle translation and the finest sounding audio possible. The wait will be worth it, trust me. This is a huge project with a lot of collaboration and support from fellow restorationist Notelu, who I give credit to for all the advice on formats and preservation methods. I would strongly advise you check out his 4K fan restoration of the Disney classic "Song of the South", which is probably one of the best fan restoration efforts I have ever seen and for now is the only decent version of the film we will likely ever see. It is a wonderful movie but in today's political climate, I can't see it ever getting a release.

If you are interested, you can check out his work here. https://archive.org/details/SongOfTheSouthHD

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still interested in this but can't agree that Blu-Ray is a dreadful format. More space,better quality, what's not to like?

TheKungFuRobber
5 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I'm still interested in this but can't agree that Blu-Ray is a dreadful format. More space,better quality, what's not to like?

It's better quality than DVD, there will be virtually no difference in quality between a Blu Ray and a 2K H.264 copy with a bitrate of 40Mbps though, multiplexed to an MKV. Most blu ray players should play it just fine as a file anyway. I just don't see any point in making a blu ray at all.

You can convert your mkv to a blu ray with no menus easily.

use a little program called TsMuxerGui, open your mkv and set ouput to blu ray folder and it will create BDMV & CERTIFICATE folder in  2 minutes.

no loss in quality, the program doesn't re-encode anything.

Archived