Which Animes Do You Hope Get a Live-Action Adaptation?

Koravec

Given that most of us on this forum are into asian cinema and perhaps not as much the animation side of it. I was wondering what animes youd like to see hit the big screen or just played out with real actors.

Im actually quite fond of live-action anime adaptations for the reason previously stated and that they allow less devoted viewers of series the chance to see the larger picture of a story summed up into a film, as well as the origin story.

These adaptions play like a hypercolored and/or exaggerated version of an asian actioner or martial arts flick. 

So given that, Id like to see about each and everything given a live-action adaption. I enjoy these movies, from the worst ie: Dragonball and Avatar Last Airbender to the ones more critically aclaimed (a very low bar lol).

My top pick would have to be Yugioh. However unlike other series, I actually would want this one to look above par with its character representations and movie sequences.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

I’ve always felt like Death Parade (my favorite anime of all time) would make an amazing Black Mirror episode.

Also, Ninja Scroll deserves a great live action interpretation.

ShaOW!linDude
On 6/11/2019 at 7:36 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Also, Ninja Scroll deserves a great live action interpretation.

Ooooh, that would be interesting to see.

I've always heard good things about Baki the Grappler. Never seen the original, but the new Netflix anime series is pretty wild. A live action version of that might be pretty fun to see.

I also think a live action of Vampire Hunter D would be cool.

Defiantly "YuYu Hakusho". Been waiting a long time for a live-action movie, as its one of my favorite Manga/Anime. They made a stage adaption, but that doesn't really count.  

Rodolphe Dux

Berserk by a talented director like Miike, and more Mecha stuff like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but not produced by hollywood greedy morons. I’m surprised that Michiko e Hatchin hasn’t been ripped off by hollywood by now, it’s very metoo propaganda bullshit compatible, but it can be very interesting if well done by a japanese director.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:16 AM, Rodolphe Dux said:

Berserk by a talented director like Miike, and more Mecha stuff like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but not produced by hollywood greedy morons. I’m surprised that Michiko e Hatchin hasn’t been ripped off by hollywood by now, it’s very metoo propaganda bullshit compatible, but it can be very interesting if well done by a japanese director.

I second this! A Berserk Live-Action film would be incredible!

Archived